Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind Freak™

Veteran
Watermarking is a important part of your content on your channel.

Why Should you watermark your videos :

Basically Your Videos are gonna be promoted on the internet. And You are not the only one making videos. There are other people who might just steal your videos and upload it to their own channel and earn the privileges. So For Your Content Protection always Watermark your videos.

What Benefits are their :

Even if someone promotes the videos on the internet and your videos are one of them then you are indirectly generating traffic for your own channel. Trailer/Gameplay/Playthrough/Muisc which are downloaded from youtube and uploaded to various other channels can then be linked back to your own channel.

Size of Watermark :

Always keep the Watermark Text / Image at a decent size not to covering but atleast viewable and my tip would be add a part of it to the video so that even if someone tries to edit the part of the watermark they won't be able do it.

So You See Just Like Your Content Watermarking your content is equally important.

13 comments
I'm a firm believer in watermarking. Not for security, but for marketing/brand reasons.

I believe that everything I produce, whether it be photos, web code, business cards, promotion material, whatever, should be branded. I don't really care if people steal my images for use on Facebook, etc... it's free publicity. Once you eliminate those uses (which are most), the remaining instances are something where you'd be involved in having an image removed or even going after damages. The last remaining uses beyond that, could be some website in Russia operating outside the law.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watermarking is good as long as you don't over do it. So no big font texts through your videos, images, etc. Most users find it distracting and annoying.

I'd usually watermark using advanced substation alpha hardsubbing. That way, I can just use some little animated watermark and I can just make it appear at certain time/s of the video duration. No watermark deletion programs can counter an unpredictable animation of watermarked logos/texts, and at the same time it doesn't have to show 100% of the time on the videos, and doesn't have to be that big for audience's convenience.

I've used water makers a few times when taken digital photography picture for peoples when they wanted sample of my works I would watermark them to ensure it wasn't used without my permission.

I have not tried watermarking my videos. I know how important it is for branding purposes but i haven't uploaded really important videos that needs watermark. I usually use free tools but I pay when it's all worth it. What tool do you guys use for watermarking videos?

Ryuchi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back