How fast is your site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!!!!!!!!

Really ?

A 3mb page is as easy to optimize as a 20kb or similar as in your graph ?

Show us a forum that got the result you just provided above

Correct. People who work on forums never modify the templates as they are in general more afraid to do so compared to blog templates which are more forgiven and encourage people to edit them more.

I have designed image free vb templates in the past which have had amazing ratings. Other non example of image free stuff I've worked on is the MechoDDL Webmaster Area. Most may not realize but it doesn't contain a single image. It's all CSS and JS to improve speed. That was more of a personal learning challenge rather than a goal to increase speed but it a good example.

Now I know if you want a decent looking template you need to have a few images but the problem is most people who code templates can't/don't use stuff like css sprites. You can just as easily apply these techniques to forums but people are afraid to do so.

EDIT:
As for WBB has a server dedicated to images and css. Therefore it's not as under pressure to deliver complete optimized performance as you would expect. They are far more concentrated on reducing mysql queries which is totally understandable as it has a huge reduction in server load.

Last edited:
I hope your referring to the little tiny niche your towering over and not actual professionals that inhabit the entire web.

Referring to WJ and not the entire web however a lot of the major skin manufactures including skinbox etc could be included. It's generally not including one off minor coders.

1b5c1a0fcb400a8c2ed4288b8675a8bc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back