How do you price your freelancing services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

If you're providing freelance services (programming, SEO, web design, content writing) you can find various ways to price your work: hourly, project based etc. How do you price your services?

12 comments
I ask for the maximum of information as possible to make a price average and then calculate the hours needed to develop this project. For example, 1 hour = US$50,00. So if I'll take 4 hours to finish that work, it will be US$200,00. I think this is the best way to give a fair price.

Of course some project takes more time than planned, but you need to put it inside the pack. So I always add one more hour just in case.

I consider the time and effort required to complete the job + my worthiness. I sometimes dont have a choice but to reduce the price a bit because of competition. :|

I do not do too much freelance, but I price it according to what I feel I'm worth+time away from my own stuff. I usually bump it up from there sometimes so I do not get as many requests for jobs. I only go by WOM as well.

I would ask for a project. As It seems to be fair for me and client that we know exact price at the start. And not to work as long as you can to extract more money.

ok, i do it differently. I estimate the hours needed by the project to be done, multiply it by a rate depending on the effort, i ask the client for the price he's expecting, and give him a small discount if he's expecting a +/- 10% price (idk why i do that lol).

I based it on the number of words since I am providing a content writing services. Also, I ensure the quality of articles or content I provide which I also take consider on my pricing. The quality of content is important and the prices for it should be reasonable. :)

project based usually, 50% before/after.

hourly is difficult without proper tracking, proof of the claimed hours of work.

its based on the service delivered, no matter how long you work for. try selling a job for specific amount instead of selling the job hourly or daily basis.
The more efficient deliver makes you grow quicker in the market.
All in all it again depends on the kind of job your serving, if its SEO you can go for $xxx amount for site. If Content Creating $xx for a day.
hmm hard to differentiate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back