How do you prevent that your files get deleted because of inactivity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatDoge

Hey,

the title is actually my question^^

How do you prevent that and are there any "private backup hosts" where i can upload the files i upload normally on hosts, so if in any case a file gets deleted, i can download the file from my private host and then reupload it?

How do you do it?

9 comments
use linkcrypters

Hes not talking about getting files deleted from dmca, hes saying deleted due to inactivity so using a link encrypter would probably only make the problem worse as most people will leave a website when they start seeing that kinda bullshit.

Best way to prevent inactive files from getting deleted is to post unique stuff thats in demand, its simple supply and demand.

It costs a lot of money to store files in a data-center and no file host wants to store a gigabyte sized file 50 billion times for each person who is (re)-uploading it.

But to answer your question more directly, your best bet is to purchase a dedicated server and store the data yourself on it.

Hey,

How do you prevent that and are there any "private backup hosts" where i can upload the files i upload normally on hosts, so if in any case a file gets deleted, i can download the file from my private host and then reupload it?

How do you do it?
1fichier Premium

Just upload to normal file host and don't share that filehost links and your file will be safe :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey,

How do you do it?
1fichier Premium

Files are destroyed after 60 days of inactivity.

Nice Idea :facepalm:

The question is which Filehost is not Deleting files for Inactivity?!

Any Ideas what up with Rapidshare or Zippyshare?!Anyone have good filehost that is not Deleting the files after x Days?!

Last edited:
1fichier Premium

Files are destroyed after 60 days of inactivity.

Nice Idea :facepalm:

The question is which Filehost is not Deleting files for Inactivity?!

Any Ideas what up with Rapidshare or Zippyshare?!Anyone have good filehost that is not Deleting the files after x Days?!

R0i8ta8.png

Last edited:
Well, if it's only storing the files with no sharing and no risk of somebody reporting your files then 4shared and Mediafire will do nicely within their storage limits, i haven't used my Mediafire account for almost 2 years and my files are still there, also my account with 4shared got banned from sharing more than a year ago, but my files are still there and i still got access to them i just can't share them, of course again if the amount of files that you have to store it's within their storage limits(as Free user) then these ones will do fine for you for longevity with out them being deleted...

Upgrade to premium..mediafire,uploaded or some file hosts will not delete your inactivity files if your account is premium..well,my problem is dmca..darn,always fix dead links day by day =.=!..
How about dedicated server guys ? any1 know where i can hire this for cheap price ?

i will try 1fichier for a Backup because its very cheap (10€/year), unlimited storage and of course no inactivity deletion.

for backups it is perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back