How do i get back the domain i transferred in sale which turned into a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox

Well, one of my friend was involved in a sale where we first transferred the domain (no site files) and waited for money. The guy never paid up - i had past transaction with him which went smooth so we agreed on this method of sale.

He doesn't respond now; of, if he does he says he will do it later and all such crap stories!

The domain was registered with namecheap and we asked them to get the domain back in my friends account and they just said they cant do anything since it was transferred with our knowledge. We should have used their marketplace to deal with sale of domains, they can only help if marketplace was used.

Do you guys know of any other method or any authority/agency (ICANN etc) who can help us get back the domain? We are determined to get the domain back since the site is pretty good and we do not want to loose it.

Any help would be appreciated. Trollmasters stay away!

Also, this should be a lesson for all of us - use your registrars marketplace to deal with buying/selling of domains.

7 comments
You can not get your domain back unfortunately. Because you authorized the transfer, once it's done it can't be restored.

Never send a domain without having the money.

Once authorised , you can't get the domain back . No matter what logs you have but still it won't help with the domain . Its gone ! The one should not transfer until you got the payment as the transfers/push/move/transfers are one-way . Once you permitted them to transfer then you can't revert it back .

Still for a luck email your domain provider with the proof you got , maybe they can help you better .

Regards
Bharat

Leeds, UK.

Well if it's in UK, as far as my knowledge goes they have a good police service there, report the stolen domain and the guy who stole it to the local police and they will contact him, if it's a kid he will get scared and give it back instantly, if not wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back