Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreasB

Alright, so I've got a question for those of you who owns filehosts (Like Ricky).
How do you earn all the money needed to pay your uploaders? I assume premium memberships would give some income, but I can't see that enough people buys memberships to pay off all the uploaders, right?

From what I can see, expenses would be:
- Servers
- Techs
- Domain(s)
- Salary
- Payouts for uploaders

And incomes:
- Premium memberships

15 comments
you need some funds in start & when the site get established they get more Premium users & more profit. So in all they would earn for sure in long run. If they can stay, than they can earn.

Premium accounts and adverts (if any), they make a great deal in return when Uploaders use their service.

Good question,

I sent an email to hotfile a couple of months ago with the exact same question.

The reply i got was that their only income came from premium memberships.

How can they make money through downloaders? For the new file hosts like FileServe, most people download as free users who only consume bandwidth for free.

I also wonder how they can cover all expenses with simply premium sales. A 1 year premium membership is only $60. An uploader can easily make 20 times more than that in a year from these file hosts. They would need a million premium sales every month to cover all cost.

They get huge traffic because of uploaders but sites like HF & FS don't even have any ads. Where does the money come from?

Im pretty sure they are making very good profit and that everything has been calculated even before they started else they wouldn't stick around for so long.

Alright, so I've got a question for those of you who owns filehosts (Like Ricky).
How do you earn all the money needed to pay your uploaders? I assume premium memberships would give some income, but I can't see that enough people buys memberships to pay off all the uploaders, right?

From what I can see, expenses would be:
- Servers
- Techs
- Domain(s)
- Salary
- Payouts for uploaders

And incomes:
- Premium memberships
Lol. First of all, where from you got that Ricky is owner of Fileserve? :) He's most likely just some account manager.

Pretty much the only income is premium account sales and be sure it makes good cash ;) I doubt any current file host actually pays you more than 50-60% of what you make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back