Status
Not open for further replies.

djrjxsfr

Hi all,

I bought a Rapidshare account from a guy on Saturday last. He gave me the login details + the email associated with the account. When I returned home, I could still login into the account meaning that he did not change the login details between the period I left him and travelled back home. When I returned home, I login into the account using the details he provided and I changed the email address to the account. Then I changed the password to the account.

However, on Wednesday last, I tried login into the account but I was shocked when it said wrong login details! Hence, I quickly used the "Forgot your password?" feature of Rapidshare and entered my email address to ask Rapidshare to send me the login details to the email address of my Rapidshare account.

To my disgust it said: "ERROR: No accounts found". Obviously, the account login details and the email associated with the account has been changed by someone.

Now I have a question: How can someone log into a Rapidshare account without having the login details to the Rapidshare account or the access to the email address of the Rapidshare account? Only if someone has either of these information will the person be able to access the account and change the account details. Or did Rapidshare change these account details?

I sent an email to Rapidshare to tell them that my account login details have been changed and that I have no more access to it. I also gave them my account details to prove that the account was mine like account username, account ID, Public ID, creation date of account, email address of account, the date until when the account is active etc

Unfortunately, they replied me with the following message:

====================================================================================================================================

Dear Customer,

unfortunately, the available information does not allow us to identify any account as yours yet.

If you have paid via credit card, please send us the transaction-ID (mbo#1234567890) or the order ID (gco#1234567890) which was sent to you by email
when you made the payment.

Please include the information in your message text and do not send it as an attachment. Thank you.

Best regards
======================================================================================================================================

Now, I bought this cash from a guy who has accumulated Rapids over time and I have no order ID! How am I supposed to prove to them that the account is mine?

I badly need to prove to them that the account is mine so that they tell me what happened to the account. Because clearly, I just cannot accept that suddenly, I no more have access to my Rapidshare account after paying for it.

Thanks for reading

Regards

20 comments
Simple, The guy which you bought the account he gaved you a hacked/phished account
when you changed the id password, the real owner just emailed with his payment proofs(Credit Card number and everything)
You can do nothing now, Open a dispute or ask the person who sold you the account to give your money back.

All I need to know from Rapidshare is what happened to the account...That's it! I do not understand why after proving to them that the account is mine, they still asked for more proof!!

Account he sold you wasn't his, which means that original holder of the account got it back. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, but you should have known that accounts should be bought from official resellers only.

The account will have been returned to it's rightful owner.

The account was never "yours" in the first place.

Your "guy", stole the account from it's owner. Sold it to you, and Rapidshare gave it back, simple.

EDIT:- Jason beat me to it, lol.

1. In the past we can use premium points of main account to creat new account. If you lost this account you can request RS to reset password and send to main account.
2. The guy who bought this account requested RS reset password and send to his email (He provided RS Trans ID)

Thanks for all your replies guys.

OK, I do understand that the guy stole the account and sold it to me after which the real owner complained to Rapidshare and I lost access to the account.

I have lost money which I want to get back from this guy and I need help from the police force of my country. However, the police force will ask me for proof that the account I bought from this guy was actually a stolen account. In other words, I need proof from Rapidshare that the account was a stolen one. As soon as I get this proof, I am 100% sure that this guy will have no choice but to give me back my money.

That is why I emailed Rapdishare: to ask them what happened to the account. Unfortunately, they refused to tell me what happened.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but this is the Internet. No one will believe you that you had no idea that he sold you an stolen account, there are thousands and thousands of cases like yours, and they all end up the same. Buyer simply can't do anything except to be more careful in the future.

I need proof from Rapidshare that the account was a stolen one.

Y will they give u proof.. They wont help u for anything.. U should always buy from rapidshare or any trusted resellers..

Learn ur lesson..

If u payed using Paypal or Alertpay then chargeback..

Edit: Kick Him and take ur money back :D

The dude seemed to be honest and I believed him when he told me that he does not sell stolen products. He told me that he accumulated those Rapids over time.

Yes m8, they are.

Another thing is that Rapidshare NO longer have yearly accounts.

They now use rapids, which they "charge" 990 (rapids) per month. Check
Code:
https://ssl.rapidshare.com/#!rapids/rapids

So there is NO way the police will even deal with it.

Just put down to experience and move on, unless you meet the guy again and try to get your money back that way. Not that I think you will.

Actually the account was not 1 year as such. It was active until 2012-05-09 and had 993 Rapids left for extension for another month i.e active until 2012-06-09 - almost 1 year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back