Status
Not open for further replies.

my123world

I have lately been thinking of a wJ "Resource Download" system. This basically would be a system where members can upload their own scripts, gfx content etc for free use by anyone. It would really step up the Webmaster standards of the community and also increase the sharing spirits around here. :)

This system is easily doable by using this addon -> [DBTech] vBDownloads v2 (vB4) [AJAX] - vBulletin.org Forum

So, What do you peeps think about this?

3 comments
Good idea but it will only work if user will share their own works for free. like scripts, Gfx Psd, some own coded software etc
as i can see here every one work for money included me but ( yes i agree there are some good users who really giving his time to help members and sharing their work for free, like some respected members , Mods etc. but thats the reason they are respected :D )

Good idea but it will only work if user will share their own works for free. like scripts, Gfx Psd, some own coded software etc
as i can see here every one work for money included me but ( yes i agree there are some good users who really giving his time to help members and sharing their work for free, like some respected members , Mods etc. but thats the reason they are respected :D )

Your missing the whole point, yes I agree everyone is working for money, but to get business at these times over the internet a good way is to build a strong trustworthy community, question is how to do such a thing?

Well I guess what my123world said is a great way to take steps into the direction of building such a community, users post free stuff for other users to use those same users come back and contribute as well, thus building a strong community.

The outcome of these actions will be that you will gain paying customers in the end that will value your work according to the free stuff your able to give to other users, you can look at it as a great marketing way to your talents and business, if your a web designer post some kick ass .psd's that will draw customers to you, if your a php coder post some snippets that will draw customers in that field etc etc..

Eventully there is no customer who will need the same .psd design you posted or the same code snippet and will need some sort of modification and again you have a customer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back