Hotfile Ordered To Share User Data With The MPAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this sounds pretty bad to me. I mean, if court can request IPs from Hotfile, they can request IPs from warez-bb also :S

And they should be able to do it easier, because no one can't see username of a guy who uploaded some app to Hotfile, but they can easily see that the "Uploader123" posted their copyrighted app on wbb and base their request on that.

It is strange to me that Hollywood started battle with Hotfile instead with largest warez portals and forums...

Warez-bb's privacy policy states that they dont store IP addresses of users, so a court cant make them give out IPs as they dont have them.

Besides, WBB is located in hong kong. They are outside the jurisdiction of a us court.

I am not a top 500 on hotfile at all because I did not use them in the past. However I am kind of worried that they would go after filesonic.com, wupload, or fileserve. This is kind of scary. :(
I am kind of scared, and I think I am going to shut down all my filehost accounts before MPAA decided who they are going to sue next.. :(

Last edited:
CHILL OUT jason.. have fun man.. no muthafaka is going to get on all at one time.. it will take an year or so for mpaa to attack others if they would do so..

Warez and file sharing won't die.

They have been going after drugs producers/pushers/dealers for decades, and that's why we are living in drug free societies today?

If the demand is there, the supply will always find its way to meet it, no matter what obstacle you put in to stop it. Unless everything become FOC, there will be warez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back