Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDiver

HI all,

After the major cleanup of the Marketplace, do you think the same should be done on the Hosting sections?

There are so many closed threads it does make the sections untidy.

Any views?

17 comments
Yes...BUt dere shud be a stick thread about...
Scammer hosting sites...
because if a person have That company on his msn,yahoos and all...would not get scammed

It is a big section, the staff has been working to clean it up and update the scam hosts thread. It just takes time, we do what we can with it while we continue to moderate the rest of the site at the same time.

Therefore having the threads go into moderation would prevent the rule-breaking threads before they happen. It'll take you 20 seconds to skim though a thread and see if they comply with the rules.

We could just delete them all and ban all the hosts. Would save a lot of hassle for everyone.
would just create many duplicate threads in the hosting discussion section (even more than there are now)

closed threads help people discover why they closed

EDIT: sarcasm tags added thx ;)

Last edited:
I think it would be better to just allow the hosts to post their sales thread and close it to new posts after that. All discussion can take place in the discussion section and all support questions are handled on the providers support site.

The thread you mention Augustus is a sticky and there is a note at the bottom which states it is being revised again.

Instant section clean up, no 443 page sales threads, no giving 10 infractions per day for support questions in the sales threads, etc, etc.

It is a big section, the staff has been working to clean it up and update the scam hosts thread. It just takes time, we do what we can with it while we continue to moderate the rest of the site at the same time.

WDF, Look for some respected members or senior members or open a thread to seek help from members and assign the cleanup task and get it completed at the earliest to help members like me.

I am sure members will help on these kind of clean-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back