HostGator Sold to EIG For $225 million USD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froomple

According to reports, Mr. Hari Ravichandran, CEO of EIG, offerd $225 million to Hostgator CEO, Brent Oxley and he accepted. This news came out as a shock for Hostgator users and people are already discussing about the same in Webhosting forum.

The major hosting giant HostGator has been sold. According to the sources HostGator has been sold to EIG [Endurance International Group]. The deal is already signed however there is no specific reason mentioned for it. This is a major occurrence in the web hosting industry. EIG is a group of web hosting companies and over a period of time they have acquired many prominent web hosting companies. Among the arena of web hosting companies, EIG also has HostGator now.

It is believed that an amount of $225 Million USD was offered to HostGator owner, Brent Oxley and the deal was accepted by him. The process of transfer of ownership is still in process. Previously, EIG has acquired a lot of big web hosting companies. In terms of the acquired web hosting companies, the effect of this step was the loss of customer base. As EIG transfers all the account to their data center, the customers experience downtime at regular intervals and thereby the customer base is lost. The outcome of the deal between EIG and HostGator is unknown however considering the effects on the prior web hosting companies acquired, there will surely be a major impact on the web presence, brand awareness and customer base of HostGator. HostGator currently has over 400,000 customers globally, there is a big question as to how EIG will be able to mange the HostGator setup.

Read More :
http://www.shoutmeloud.com/hostgator-sold-endurance-endurance-group.html

17 comments
So add it to the list:
Spry
VPSLink
Netfirms
Easy CGI
YourWebHosting
AccountSupport
Ipage
BizLand
BlueDomino
DomainHost
Dot5Hosting
EasyCGI
eHost
EntryHost
FatCow
FreeYellow
HostCentric
HostYourSite
HyperMart
IMOutdoorsHosting
Ipower
IPowerWeb
Networkshosting
PowWeb
PureHost
ReadyHosting
StartLogic
USANetHosting
VirtualAvenue
Webstrikesolutions
Xeran
Globat
ApolloHosting
WebHost4Life

Every company has their price I would say. We were a reseller of Hostgator but even after hearing the rumours we were proactive in searching out other alternatives and moved our reseller to another company.

Our customers come first as they should. They were our first concern.

^Your a reseller of hostgator ? Surprised you have any clients at all

Hopefully this will kill hostgator they host are slow clunky and oversold like fuck they are the worst host on this planet

Actually we have had nothing but excellent service and support from them. No down time and really fast answers to the 2 support tickets we've ever opened which were things as simple as asking them to do a complete backup and simple billing questions. Both answered in less than 1 day.

The reason we switched was based on the reviews and information we saw on the BBB in regards to EIG's reviews.

http://www.bbb.org/boston/business-...ternational-group-inc-in-burlington-ma-76863/

We are no longer a reseller of Hostgator if you read my post. "Were" past tense. :)

Not as much as I would of thought, I am sure they pull over 34 mil a year in.

Read it earlier but now I have seen the sale price I am shocked.

^Your a reseller of hostgator ? Surprised you have any clients at all

Hopefully this will kill hostgator they host are slow clunky and oversold like fuck they are the worst host on this planet

My sites are hosted on hostgator right now and they always load quick for me. And not once have I had any downtime or any problems with their hosting. I'm using the shared Baby Plan too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back