Status
Not open for further replies.

JmZ

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Would you take a huge risk for a huge profit?

Here's the example i want you to answer:

You have a device which has one button. If you press the button, you instantly get $1,000,000. Very simple.

But here's the catch... after pressing it, you will be teleported to a random location in the universe with an 80% chance of it being on earth.

Would you do it?

note: you can press it as many times as you want, infinite money if luck is on your side.

13 comments
No, because chances are high of being teleported to the middle of a desert with no water, access to communication, access to funds, etc. Unless you don't care about your life, and want it to be put in your bank for your family to enjoy their life, then sure.

What are the odds that I end up on an earth-like planet with attractive aliens? That might change things.

But no, taking on a risk like that in exchange for $1M doesn't seem wise. That's just purely based on the 20% chance of certain death and what one can buy with $1M. Things are probably more complicated when you take into account the fact that it's likely you'll die at sea, in the desert, etc. But even assuming that you aren't killed by nature whenever you're teleported to earth, it's still a bad move IMO.

No Way! Because 80% of the earth is frickin Ocean, Desert or Antarctica's freezing ass continent. So with that being said, my luck is I would press the button and be dead.

Nope, wouldn't press it. It would have to be rephrased to 80% success of living to 20% success of death. If so I still don't like those odds. I would much rather work for 10-20 years to obtain a million, rather than die trying.

My to0 cents.

to0 said:
My to0 cents.

mzE9tOJ.png

you will be teleported to a random location in the universe with an 80% chance of it being on earth.

That's not random at all. But let's crunch numbers down.

every 4 out of 5 tries, there's a chance to be teleported on random place on earth, from that, there's only 20% to be teleported on the ground. From those 20%, there's like 1% of habitable places. So, chances are VERY slim. BUT!

Before hitting the button, I would sell my house, to buy space suit, to be able to survive first 'click', in case I end up in the middle of the universe. After first try, even if I end up in the middle of the ocean, I can just keep pressing it till I hit any city. Once I hit the city, I would stop, because there's quite slim chances of hitting it again, and surviving before that. Althought I could end up in the middle of the Sun before that, lol. But seriously, if there's machine to teleport me, I would get one that could send me home any time.

Nope, wouldn't press it. It would have to be rephrased to 80% success of living to 20% success of death.

There's 100% that you will die eventually. That, or any other given day. What, if you were offered this for real, and you refuse, you walk out of studio, and die from heart attack, or whatever. (example)

Before hitting the button, I would sell my house, to buy space suit, to be able to survive first 'click', in case I end up in the middle of the universe. After first try, even if I end up in the middle of the ocean, I can just keep pressing it till I hit any city. Once I hit the city, I would stop, because there's quite slim chances of hitting it again, and surviving before that. Althought I could end up in the middle of the Sun before that, lol. But seriously, if there's machine to teleport me, I would get one that could send me home any time.

When you put it like that, it does sound very appealing - Especially as the odds of 80% being on Earth - somewhere.
Would I press the button.... HELL YEAH!!!

I would say "risks should be taken, if you want to rise in life" ..! Who knows, They might send you to a country/place where you always wanted to go? But coin have 2 sides.!

Coin's actually have 3 sides.

Noun
A position to the left or right of an object, place, or central point: "a town on the other side of the river".

What about the circle border of a coin? Is that not a side? That's like saying a car has a left side, and right side but no top side or bottom side. You're assumption is invalid, and I declare a thumb war.

I would have to press it, money is what i would want. Even for a risk of 20% not being on earth, you could be transported to somewhere that supports life. :)

-xDowwdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back