HIGH ALERT - New type of domain scammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ

Hello!

I'm a representative of a rich investor from Dubai (UAE). He is interested in buying mydomainname.tld.

Please respond and specify a desired price in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

Mark Perelman

Domain Name Realtor

Asp Web Hosting

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication may contain private, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated and/or duly authorized recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient or have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and permanently delete all copies of this email including all attachments without reading them.

I got this mail 5 days ago. I had a doubt in my mind about this email could be another type of scam. But I had nothing to lose so I quoted him price of $xxx & provided him with the list of domains which I am selling right now. So I got this in reply.

I suggest to change your price to $10,000. My buyer lives in Dubai and he is very rich. I work on a commission basis.

So I'm not interested in low ball offers. So I tell him the price will be $10,000. In this case I will earn more on the sale. You will earn much more too.

My client offers $10,000. Do you sell a domain (not a web site)?

He has $85,000 budget for several domain names.

How can we pay you (PayPal, Western Union, escrow.com etc.)? If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

So when I got this reply, I was sure this is some kind of scam. No one is going to pay you $xxxxx for a domain name worthed in low range of $xxx. So I tried to google but could not get anything under that name or email ID. So I started searching with the first line of that email about rich investor ready to buy my domain and blah blah blah & bingo I got some threads on other forums with similar scam reports & some people even paid that guy so he can get them selling price of $xxxxx.

This guy works under various names & therefore when u search for that email id on google you would come up with nothing. But when someone is offering you $xxxxx, you know whats cooking.

Just made this thread so everyone can stay alert. I know we are webmasters & wont get easily caught into such bullshit but still you never know :P

Last edited:
8 comments
Adding to this, I would suggest you guys to sell the domain through your registrar marketplace or sedo ONLY. Do not sell it directly, whatever be the reason.

None of the registrars help you get back the domain if you sell your domains directly, sell it via their marketplace and they all help you.

There's a lot of "legit" scams flying around trying to trick you into puchasing "search engine submission" for your domain as the one you currently "have" expires shortly and nobody seems to actually care about those especially since they come from shady registrars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back