Hi, so I've just heard about this forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

remyrenault

... and it's awesome. Right now I'm doing SEO for a Magento Extensions company. In the future, however I set my target to become an Amazon Affiliate and gain tons of money. The truth is right now I'm just a sponge and eager to learn. I did my research on Affiliate Program but I want to ask people here, with your own experience, is it hard to achieve a sustainable income through the program? Thanks in advance!

8 comments
I've wanted to get into the Amazon affiliate program as well. Let me know how it goes for you.
well for now, I just follow courses on Internet. Nothing much has been achieved to be honest. I hope to find some gems in these courses.

hi, welcome. what are your seo strategies?

Mostly onpage, I found out that good optimized content are really viral.

Last edited:
never got anything going with it but would like to hear from experienced members, I doubt anybody experienced will reply though....

the thing to remember with amazon is:

1 - once you refer traffic to Amazon you get commissions on anything they buy, not just the specific page you send them to

This means that if you do a product review and link to Amazon for example, you may get commission on other products a user purchases.
So this gives you more options. For example you can:
1 - do normal product reviews and link to the product page on amazon
2 - write great blog content about a topic and put in smart widgets in your sidebar that amazon provides
3 - do industry round ups and link to category pages on amazon.

Don't forget Amazon consists of many places you can sell products as an affiliate, including:
soap.com
diapers.com
audible etc

I have very limited experience with Amazon and so far from what I can tell, it's not the best monetization method you can use.

Small commissions, cookies last only a day.

Good way to perhaps generate a few extra $$ here and there, but don't count on getting rich from it!

I think the most important thing is going to be building up a following. Once you do that, you have plenty more options available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back