Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzlow

I don't quite understand the differences in all those fancy terms: RDP, RDA and is it Encoding (not sure about this one at all) server? Would someone be kind enough to explain.

I know the basic idea behind RDP:
I connect to a server using remote desktop (apparently a program native to windows?) where I am able to take advantage of its high speed internet connection to download and upload. Am I right? (I really hope I've at least figured this part right)

Now some questions I have:

Am I able/allowed to use rar/unrar feature on an RDP or is that the encode server one, or what those encode servers are used for?

Do all these RDPs come with torrent capabilities (for example uTorrent) and am I allowed to download any torrent from the web or does it have to be from a non public location, if no public servers are allowed can someone explain what harm does it do/why is it forbidden, to download from a public server?

I also see some RDPs mentioning something like 200GB, 100GB and I've taken that it means at least HD space, but does it also have to do with bandwidth or is it always unmetered?

And finally what is the difference between RDP and RDA? (seen both terms floating around on the sell threads).

Not that I am stupid or anything, but thanks in advance for whoever happens to waste their time answering some noob questions.

6 comments
RDP/RDA - It's the same interface as your computer, you have Limited account but you can download/upload, rar/unrar, take screenshots and much more.

You can download from anywhere, even torrents yes, and if you like you can just surf.

100GB/200GB is your HDD on the server, bandwidth it's mostly unlimited.

RDP and RDA I think it's the same ? :O

On the other side, Encoding server is much expensive, but you can encode (create movie with smaller sizes etc..)

as stefan said rda/rdp are same thing. Its just like a your own PC but it has very high speed internet and rest- ram , hd capacity , processor,etc... as mentioned on a rdp selling website, oh and their locations are present in other countries which is mentioned on seller website[USA/Europe i.e. servers].
As you can install any software on ur own pc similarly they can be installed on RDP but only the system administrator of that RDP[i.e. the seller of RDP accounts] can do it
So they give you different plans like a RDP with only upload/download i.e. you get uTorrent,winrar, IDM, firefox,etc... similar softwares installed on your account there OR an Encoding RDP where there will be winrar, IDM, firefox,etc... and encoding softwares like Megui,MKVExtract,etc... installed on it.
Where u can get an RDP with only upld/download plans as low as $15 , most of encoding plans start from $ 25
If you are thinking of buying a encoding RDP be sure to check what the processor is mentioned in that buying plan because what these guys do is make multiple accounts on same pc and sell it people on monthly basis , so sometimes encoding speed is affected [becomes crap] if all the users on that pc are doing encoding all at the same time or if you start encoding two vidoes at same time

Simply put;
You can do everything on an RDP that you can do on your home computer.
What you can not do, is physically touch the server, so with that being said, if you have to reinstall your OS, you'll (typically) be given a control panel to reinstall with whatever Linux distro you want (except windows, since windows is not free, it's a little different).

in computer language its actually RDP = Remote desktop Protocol

in people/business language its RDA= Remote Desktop Account

both are pointing to the same thing. So yah basically its the same.

On a RDP/RDA you usually have no admin rights (unless you're close to the admin). So that means you cannot install applications (except for 'portable apps).

Furthermore, most RDP providers try to put as many customers on one server as possible (upto 16) so when there are a lot of users at the same time your download/upload and UNRAR/RAR might get very slow.

To circumvent these two limitations, you can look for a Windows VPS, which is often more expensive but gives you dedicated resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back