Status
Not open for further replies.

quain88

Good day everyone!

I would like to ask for help on which nice script to use on making a website that looks like this: metrodeal,com . i have seen open cart/ os commerce and magento but im not sure if it is using same script.

i would like it to have same concept as metrodeal,com but with a blogging section below, basically it somehow look like with this theme: themeforest.net/item/dresscode-responsive-opencart-theme/4321138

hope there is someone who can enlighten me. thank you and have a nice day

5 comments
Magento is a very powerful platform for ecommerce, I suggest you go with it.

PS - It is a resource hog and requires a powerful server.

thanks for the reply guys :) i will go for that, is it practical to go for it while your still starting a business or its alright because as mentioned, it is a resource hog, so i really need a dedicated server for that, any idea with ram and cpu to use?

thanks for the reply guys :) i will go for that, is it practical to go for it while your still starting a business or its alright because as mentioned, it is a resource hog, so i really need a dedicated server for that, any idea with ram and cpu to use?

I have never used Magento myself but I do see it used to build a lot of powerful E-Commerce sites.

I recently build an E-Commerce site for a small upstart using the open-source CMS Drupal 7 + Drupal's E-Commerce module: https://drupal.org/project/ubercart

Drupal 7 is a little difficult to start off with if you don't have any web design background, and if thats the case I'd suggest to explore some Wordpress Alternatives. Drupal is highly scalable and secure, its why most Government Organizations such as The White House's Website use it to build their websites.

The Support for Drupal is very strong and there is a wide variety of things you can do with their free Open-Source modules, whether its just a simple blog site or the fairly complex site I built using additional Drupal 7 modules to create a Store and Checkout Cart, Support Ticket Portal, Blog, Social Network Integration, and themed with the Twitter Bootstrap CSS.

Best part of my latest E-Commerce site, it all runs on a VPS with 4GB of RAM and 4 CPU Cores that I rent for only $50 a month. I've also run personal blogs using Drupal 7 CMS on the shared host platform BlueHost.

You can start off with a VPS or probably a cloud service, wherein you start up with a few resources and scale up as and how your usage grows up.

Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back