Has the recent take down of file hosts, Taken a toll on your site?

Has the recent take down of file hosts, Taken a toll on your site?

• Yes

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Doesn't matter to me, i don't own a site anymore

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakjain.a

After the recent take down of Megaupload and many sites almost going dead on file hosting, is traffic dropping down on your site?

cause you have no uploaders uploading? and the content are not so easily available now on majority of hosts!

So has this taken affect on your sites?

16 comments
well yea i have one blog full of dead links from filesonic/fileserve, but allready re making it to other type site so it wont be waste and will bring me money :)

the more people will know about filehosts drama, the less people will look for filehost sites based, in other words these sites are pretty useless now, full of dead links, and imdb info about movie you can find at imdb,
thats all
gg

ps. they took down megaupload, so no big deal with taking down filesonic, fileserve etc.
in mu indictment is stated everything, same thing with other filehosts, and explanation like 'oh i didnt know that my users upload warez' is bullshit and noone believes it. If RS will be last then theyll close them too. They are breaking exisitng laws, no need for sopa or whatever. Corporoations do have a lot more money than filehosts, they can lobby. Deal with it, and it doesnt matter if you did it for living or not. No one cares, period.

ps2. also laughable is that whole "#OpMegaupload", why would i download ddos software to attack government sites to help these fat man? Absurd, he made profit from it, so he must take consequences

Last edited:
Its better now, people are using other hosts apart from filesonic so there a wider selection of hosts to download from

cant say anything,most of the links were fileserve and filesonic,now so many posts with dead links :@

it seems that it has increased,just checked :D

Last edited:
My sites have seen a decrease in posts but it is actually a good thing because it was all the multiposters from Viet Nam. It looks like I blocked the country but I did not.

Now I do not have 300 users with 15 different IPs posting the same exact stuff.

For the first time in a couple of years no user was banned at my main site for posting with more then 1 account at the same time as opposed to the usual 6 to 10 IP addresses and 24 to 200 usernames.

Yes I would call this an improvement!

Added: If you do not own a site why are you at a "Webmaster Hangout"?

Last edited:
OMG !
My SEO Traffic is literally doubled every day :D
40...128...280.....746......1176 till now & day is still on :D :D :D
no Black hat , White Hat still works , i'm lovin it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back