Status
Not open for further replies.
5 comments
wooohhoooo just read it through some of my friends, searched on WJ if it was already posted & bingo got it.

Seems to be an awesome crazy idea :D people have been talking about such ideas from long time & now google is working on it so that means we would see it in reality soon. would love to try it out but its still some yrs till we get it in US & a decade or more to get in my country....
More updates on this project

https://plus.google.com/111626127367496192147/posts

Saw this yesterday and after thinking about it for a day I'm sorta worried/interested about Apple and what they are at. Apple are way better designers and they make hardware. Google doesn't make beautifully designed things ever really, just things that are well engineered. It's also a software company not a hardware company. It doesn't make physical products or have the factories or knowledge to make hardware. None of the Android phones are made by Google. Only the software they use.

Search, maps, documents, gmail all work as they are great engineering software products not because they look good. With something like Glasses which are so visible the look and design rather than the product will be more important. This is where Apple and especially Siri it's voice activation service could really excel. Apple have top secret labs where they no doubt are working on something like this. The only thing is unlike Google they don't release info prior to an official announcement. Will Apple TV happen? Will the iPhone 5 come this summer? Will it have a larger screen? Nobody knows because Apple is so secretive. I've no doubt Apple is working on something like this and the whole Google video seams like a personal assistant which is also where Apple (currently) have the better technology in Siri.

Keep a look out for Apple buying a nice domain like when they paid 9 million for the domain icloud.com a year ago. How much do you think iSight.com or something similar is worth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t3TAOYXT840

Last edited:
I quite don't see myself wearing those glasses around if they make me look like absolute twat.

The technology is definitely revolutionary but I guess design would be an equally important criteria when it comes to these glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back