Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhel

Google Reader Shutdown

idYZH6X.jpg

Last week Google announced the shutdown of Google Reader as part of its company wide bid to “focus” on “fewer products.”

More at: http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/17/focusing-on-the-google-reader-shutdown/

What are your thoughts?​

8 comments
Google doesn't care for users, they became too powerful, and rich, to do that. They became advertising industry, and everything that makes no money, uses expensive resources, therefore, there's no return of investment. Everything related to their economic system won't shut down.

I am actually surprised with this decision. Google Feed Reader is actually a base app to many of the web app, plugins and desktop apps built for effective reading of news. Most of the users have relied on Google Reader for years now seriously. With this decision there has to be a change or a huge change to be frank in building reader apps completely relying on RSS only, instead of grabbing content from Google Reader. People who have spent ages organizing their feeds in Google Reader have to do it again on another service to look for.

This is one of Google's decisions that I never thought would happen. I am a big user of the Google Reader service. It works very well, helping me track updates, though I found FlipBoard offering exactly the same thing, so I have nothing to worry about this shutdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back