Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewmacatulad

Most of my post from a certain category got DMCA about 700 pages hit.. Is it time to change domain?
My domain is 3 yrs and PR2 and got hit by hummingbird/penguin updates from 10k Unique Visits now down to 3k will be lower this coming days because of the DMCA I received yesterday.

If yes what are your tips on atleast maintain some of my ranks in google/yahoo/bing etc

Thanks

6 comments
To get tips you would need to share domain name. Noone know whats wrong with your webpage/backlinks profile so its hard to give any advice.

Its hard to move your website to another domain or to create similar website on another domain? If thats possible i would buy few domains, setup webpages and blast with all possible backlinks. I dont think whitehat linkbuilding is way to go in dmca niche.

If you have a Warez site its very bad to show content/links in category listings. DMCA trolls will DMCA the category in many cases now, so nothing will be indexed.

If I made a new site now I would just show topic titles in category listings to avoid this, Images/Movie covers are also copyrighted, But.... even if you don't show copyright content on a URL/Category its still likely to get a false DMCA.

The only options you have are
1. Take the Hit, its only google?
2. Rename the Catogory & don't serve images/links in category listings.
3. Change Domain.

Last edited:
If you have a Warez site its very bad to show content/links in category listings. DMCA trolls will DMCA the category in many cases now, so nothing will be indexed.

If I made a new site now I would just show topic titles in category listings to avoid this, Images/Movie covers are also copyrighted, But.... even if you don't show copyright content on a URL/Category its still likely to get a false DMCA.

3. Change Domain.

My site is a TV series site.. Domain name = dramadownload.net ...

1. I got good traffic from the category that has been hit but still getting good traffic from other search engines but I don't know yet what will happen to my traffic after the DMCA.
2. So when I rename the category and redirect the old from the new category name I need to not index the category listings?

Your traffic will have a huge drop after you get a certain amount of google DMCA's and you will most likely have to get a new domain and do a 301 redirect from the told to the new domain but eventually you will keep getting dmca's since the DMCA people scrape google for copyright files. You cant deny bots from indexing your threads but then again that would only work if people search for your site name.

3. Change Domain.

I've noticed the DMCA hit the entire category instead of the target posts, if i change the category link and 301 the old to the new, will the DMCA be transfered over to the new category or remain on the old link?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back