Status
Not open for further replies.
11 comments
I like the idea.

Just to clear some stupid confusions before you comment, Google Chromebook meant for educational, internet etc. I don't think they made it for a replacement for computers. I mean where will developers, programmers go if the whole world starts using Chromebooks since they don't have apps to install etc. I don't think I can live without Adobe Photoshop etc, unless every Windows program developers start to develop the Chromebook version of their apps, oh well. Then I'll replace it with my PC :P, until then, this is like another iPad xD lolz.

Something like this would be perfect for my parents or brother and other similar non tech people which let's be honest is most people. It's incredibly simple to use, just has a browser, fast and almost noob proof. I'd still need a standard computer or laptop for coding and working but a Chromebook is ideal for my Dad who's fingers are too fat and clumsy for a tablet and all my brother uses is Facebook and Youtube anyway with the odd email. I do think as time goes on and Chromebooks develop and more apps become available they will become a lot more popular. Their's a bit like Android 3 years ago. Few if any apps, lots of bugs and not that many features. The future does look good for them though I think.

Something like this would be perfect for my parents or brother and other similar non tech people which let's be honest is most people. It's incredibly simple to use, just has a browser, fast and almost noob proof. I'd still need a standard computer or laptop for coding and working but a Chromebook is ideal for my Dad who's fingers are too fat and clumsy for a tablet and all my brother uses is Facebook and Youtube anyway with the odd email. I do think as time goes on and Chromebooks develop and more apps become available they will become a lot more popular. Their's a bit like Android 3 years ago. Few if any apps, lots of bugs and not that many features. The future does look good for them though I think.
True and since Android is also google development, you might just see Android Versions of Laptops.

I've played around with the Chromebook and interface wise it's pretty good looking and it's also very touch responsive for typing and playing. You get what you pay for the price it's at!

you know what i just thought. if google just made this into a tablet :|

MINDFUCK

and if they sold at this price with 3g or maybe even gave them away and just made people buy their apps they could become even more popular

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back