Good easy version of linux (recomendation please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strange night

Ok I need to buy a new computer and I really don't want Apple or Microsoft. But here's my problem, I know nothing about linux.

What I do is some video editing using sony vegas, a little photoshop (cs2), outlook express, browsing the Internet and oncee in a blue moon some Deamweaver (cs5.5).

I need a version that's

• 1) really super easy to install and learn.
  • 2) Will allow me to install the above mentioned applications.
  • 3) Can be configure for latin (especially french) language interface.

5 comments
First of all Adobe products are not available for Linux,

You can try running these applications with the help of Wine, i would suggest going with ubuntu as the support is good.

Some of the major software's are not compatible with Linux even if its does how will it perform in Linux since you use Video editing + top notch software's it is very hard to suggest...

I should say that i have to agree with 'Serverpolice' and 'VPS9.net'

My personal recommendation for Graphic related stuff MAC 'LOL'

I have tried about 6-8 flavour of linux (Ubuntu, Lubuntu, PCLinuxOS, Fedora, WattOS, Linux Mint, Open Suse, etc) after a few weeks or months all of them become unstable, inconsistent and useless. Some of them gave me a headache even to start the installation media, because it turned out my old Intel D865-PERL motherboard has a bug when booting some linux boot CDs. Then I sticked to Arch Linux, and I am using it nowadays, it's rock solid, fast and responsive on my 12 years old machine (at least with the linux-pf or linux-ck kernel). I have no Windows installation any more. In fact it is not so easy to use, but it has a very good organized and clear WIKI and supporting forum: https://www.archlinux.org

If you are a beginner, maybe you can start with Bridge Linux, same as Arch but has a GUI by default: Miller Technologies

If you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to nix, go with Ubuntu. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back