GigaServers - 10Gbps Unmetered XEN VPS - Linux/Windows OS - From $16/mo (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
buc-ird-01c.voxility.net looks to be what mine is connected too.

Would they not have the new servers ready and then transfer all the VPS images over? or am I missing something here??? 1 or 2 hours down time wouldnt bother me even just having to set it up all again is going to kill me!

How do I know which server i'm on? please teach me.

go to speedtest.net and make a speedtest on the left corner you see the server,if its voxibility then you are on the server that have some Speed Problems.

However i hope he can fix this soon maybe he use NL servers they are much better as any Romanian DC.

Hello,

The mail was not sent by a hacker. We really move all VPS to our own datacenter. We wanted to move everything, but Voxility doesn't allow us to do that. Voxility finally accepted to extend the servers with 2 days more. The servers will be active for 48 hours more. Please take a backup in case we don't find a solution with Voxility and we have to shutdown everything before moving. We still negociate with them in order to get all our data from there. Only clients from Voxility nodes received the mail.

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE: We negociated with Voxility and we won't close any servers. We will keep both servers while we move everything to the new DC. All new orders will be activated on servers from the new DC. Old orders will be moved with no downtime ;)

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Regards,
Alex

Last edited:
@InterWAP
I hope you are buying the new server in NL/FR datacenter.
It's the best choice. I have never any problem with FR/NL VPS/RDP about the Internet connection.

Hello,

The mail was not sent by a hacker. We really move all VPS to our own datacenter. We wanted to move everything, but Voxility doesn't allow us to do that. Voxility finally accepted to extend the servers with 2 days more. The servers will be active for 48 hours more. Please take a backup in case we don't find a solution with Voxility and we have to shutdown everything before moving. We still negociate with them in order to get all our data from there. Only clients from Voxility nodes received the mail.

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE: We negociated with Voxility and we won't close any servers. We will keep both servers while we move everything to the new DC. All new orders will be activated on servers from the new DC. Old orders will be moved with no downtime ;)

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Regards,
Alex

Thank god for that! Missing out on a whole 2 weeks income would kill me, good job Alex!

@Deadmau5, hmmm i am not using remote desktop (server just for webhosting), how will i go to speedtest.net?

Just look up your server IP here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup

It will say who the ISP is.

Hello,

We will add our own datacenter as option, but this wont be required. Probably we will add NL option too. But we are not sure of that.

UPDATE: All bandwidth problems are fixed. We have now 20Gbps connectivity in our rack.

Regards,
Alex

Last edited:
It's nice to hear.
If you add the NL option so I will buy your service again.
Will you offer the 7 days risk-free again after all?

Hello,

@Ollie: Yes we will offer professional DDoS protection too.
@myvideolinks: You're welcome. We do the best to keep everything online and safe. We will make sure nobody will loose anything. We also activated backups on all VPS nodes. It's based on R1Soft and makes every 1h full node backup. That means every bit is protected.

Initial setup, can't access ssh

Good day,

I have just ordered a few hours ago and can't get access to VPS via SSH.
I managed to login once through the http://vm.gigaservers.net:5353/ link, and then use the serial console application, which prompted me for its own username and password, and then my root user and password, this worked OK for a few minutes and then failed.

I just want basic SSH access through putty but can't seem to get it to recognise my credentials, even after resetting passwords etc.

I have logged a ticket, but no response yet, could be timezone issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back