GFX Competition #2 (Black/White) *VOTING*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Joker
I dont have to answer again and again :|
Read my above post :S

Btw Joker you are a ripper and it doesn't look good when it comes out of your mouth :|

Vote goes to Rambo. Let me explain how this is still considered a "black and white".

It doesn't matter which colors are used because this signature is still monotoned which means just one or two colors used. Black and white is also a monotone gradient. For example, you can use a gradient map of violet-orange and set it to Soft Light. The colors will turn an orange color on bright spots and violet on dark spots. Same thing with black and white. Hope that changes your opinions ;)

Flash, great use of lighting, focal point & also text - which a lot of people struggle with. Also he has added the flowers onto the original stock which they still flow with the overall design and look great.

Vote goes to Rambo. Let me explain how this is still considered a "black and white".

It doesn't matter which colors are used because this signature is still monotoned which means just one or two colors used. Black and white is also a monotone gradient. For example, you can use a gradient map of violet-orange and set it to Soft Light. The colors will turn an orange color on bright spots and violet on dark spots. Same thing with black and white. Hope that changes your opinions ;)

Actually no you are wrong. While black/white is considered to be monotone there is a difference when its full black/white and when there is some color showing. Showing some color vs black/white is a different concept be it changing mode or lowering the opacity. Conversion is when you change a image to b/w and leave some color to it or add color to a b/w image still doesn't make it full b/w if its not fully b/w. Hope this clears everything up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back