Get .info Domains for only $0.49 each - A cool workaround!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nYXem

Okay, it may be some stupidity on the part of the Godaddy guys, but why should we care? Just take the advantage while this trick still works!

1. Goto Godaddy Bulk Search.

2. Enter the domain(s) you want to register.

3. Select .mobi from extensions. This is important. Select .mobi only, not .info.

4. Click Search and you will find most .mobi domains availble, as its hardly used.

5. Click Proceed to Checkout.

6. With each domain, you will see Add these matching domains option, there you will see .info domains priced at $0.49 as an offer. Select them, and it will be included in your cart.

7. Now Delete .mobi domains from the cart, Delete links are just below each domain. When they are removed, you will still find the .info domains there, priced at $0.49 each.

8. Now click Continue to Checkout from the right side bar.

9. Pay and enjoy!

P.S.
I didn't try it yet but I'm sure it works as of now.
ICANN fees will be extra.
This trick is not my "discovery".

20 comments
taking advantage of a glitch to save like a dollar or whatever they are now? Hopefully they take back the domains that are found doing that

@Jesse:
Well man, this is really helpful if one is interested in buying a huge number of domains.
Also I really don't think Godaddy will take back those domains because this is NOT illegal. If its working then its because they have a glitch, nothing is being done forcefully. A user is simply opting not to register those .mobi domains and go with the .info's only and that's perfectly fine. Now you would say, then why not go for .info straightaway, right? Of course you're right. But come on man, we are not saints.

@pasa:
It showed $0.49 to me dude. Actually $0.67 most probably including ICANN fees.

ok i did that

when i was busy selecting .info domains, it redirected to home page after selecting 10 .info domains

@chaudhary9:
LOL of course! You expect it to be same even for renewals? Even the normal price($1.99) is perhaps just for first year.
But double the price of normal domain from next year? Of course not.

tooooooo expensive - Imagine... that's like...
$490,000 if I want to keep it up and running after I die :-\

Last edited:
i meant like normal price of domain is $8 and it remains same for next year too for example for .com
but for .info the price from next year is $20 so why not just grab a domain at normal price like .com .net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back