Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCube

I'm planning to get one but still not decided when. I have a few questions.

1. Assume that I bought one it has has a 100GB hard disk. Will it be exclusively for me or it will be shared?
2. Why is RDP considered better than VPS?
3. If VPS has a 50GB of space, is it exclusively for me?
4. From a Netherlands server, what will be the upload and download speed on RDP to Filesonic and Fileserve?

8 comments
Well yep if u buy 100gb then u will have 100gb. Windows vps's/dedicated servers can be run as RDP. From NL 1gbit servers, download speed will be like 30 - 35mb/sec with sonic and upload speed to eu server of sonic will be above 50mb. (evoswitch dc). Fileserve downloads like 15mb - 20mb/sec.

How do I know whether I'm uploading to Filesonic EU server? Is it having a US server as well?

I'm asking this because I have a Rapidleech located in Netherlands and it gives really slow uploading speed to Filesonic.

How do I know whether I'm uploading to Filesonic EU server? Is it having a US server as well?

I'm asking this because I have a Rapidleech located in Netherlands and it gives really slow uploading speed to Filesonic.

For us server use ftp.us.filesonic.com
For eu server use ftp.eu.filesonic.com

Thanks a lot for the help. Does Fileserve have that feature?

Edit: How to upload to FTP?

Edit 2: For filesonic, where can I find the password for my FTP?

If you upload through ftp:
FileSonic EU: ftp.eu.filesonic.com
FileSonic US: ftp.us.filesonic.com

For webupload, the nearest location is selected by default.

For fileserve, ftp upload is slow from NL servers. However, you can reach 30-50MB/s with z-o-o-m uploader ( on RDP ).

Last edited:
The problem is, I don't know the password and username for my Filesonic FTP server.

Edit:
Figured the password and username. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back