GBMeister.com offering 100 free Premium Accounts (1 month each!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have some news for our community. We are very surprised by it, and we think you will be too. (It's bad news)

We have multiple file servers, with 2 different hosting companies (for reliability).

On all of our file servers, we have lost 1 or many hard drives. What this means is that our hard drive performance is at ~30% of what it should be.

Now, what that means for our community, is that:

1) Downloads still work great.
2) Uploads are extremely slow
3) Uploads cause everything on our site to go slow during this situation

We have 2 options to handle this situation.

1) We can leave all servers online, continuing to deliver downloads with no problem. This option will allow for you to continue to accumulate downloads, but it will take even longer for the uploads to return.

2) We can temporarily take each server offline, 1 by 1 and allow the hard drives to be replaced. This option will stop downloads for 12-24 hours on each of our servers. Only some downloads will be available at certain times. However, uploads will return much much faster.

Can you help us out? This is not a good situation for us, or for you and we would like to hear your input. We are in communication with the datacenter to see if the hard drive reliability can be improved, but we still need to make a decision about what we should do.

What do you think?

Our preference is option 1. We like this option because it allows everyone to benefit in some way. The downloaders can continue downloading, and the uploaders can continue collecting downloads for their links.

The reason we are asking everyone is because maybe there is an overwhelming option to do option 2. If there is another opinion about what is best, we are flexible.

I vote for Option 2 unlike some people my main concern is stability whats the point of accumulated downloads if i cant upload? :)

i vote option 1 if you stop your servers some sites will ban you site because of bad service .... with option 1, ppl will be abbe to download .Hope this will be fixed as soon as possible

@gbmeister, about file limits, does it depend on the uploader or the downloader status ? Because I am a premium member and yet most of my files have reached the limit of 200 dls.

My dear friends over here.

Please don't bash GBMeister with all silly questions about payments and upload limits, and all other stupid things :-(
Just let them fix the down and upload problems
When all things are fixed, there will be enough time to ask your silly questions again :-)

And sorry GBMeister that I can't help with your data problems, but I only can hope that things can be fixed

With Love

Barry

@gbmeister, about file limits, does it depend on the uploader or the downloader status ? Because I am a premium member and yet most of my files have reached the limit of 200 dls.

+1
I have This problem
Please Fix it
ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ
Received My First payment
Thank you :)

This is because the files were uploaded before you had a premium account.
That's not true !!
Once I registered in you site, I contacted your support and got the premium account and then I started uploading files.
Please fix this problem.

We are trying to help you here. I don't think you are in a position to say what is true or not regarding our servers, our log files and our user limits.

The files were uploaded before you were premium. You have files on your account that have more than 200 views, which were uploaded after you were premium.

You will have to upload the files again to remove the view limitation. There is nothing we can do to fix this for you at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back