Future of the Sharing Copyrighted Material, Warez Revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat

Hello guys,

As you may have noticed, dealing with copyright holders and keeping a long term service with warez content is getting harder. In my opinion, there is only 2 or 3 years left for things to become a real challenge to keep warez services alive. On the other hand, advertising revenue rates are going down and it's getting harder to get paid.

I wonder your opinions about current status of your service if you have, and do you guys have a backup plan, thinking of jumping to white jobs like adsense revenue, affiliate etc.?

5 comments
Since Depositfiles closed their affiliate, I have been moving on to other things. Just trying to wean myself off of sharing at this point.
There will always be piracy and there will always profit from it, but it's getting so that it isn't that worthwhile for me anymore. When it gets down to fewer hosts and uploaders, the income will stabilize, for those who hold out that long.

When a community starts doing something that is actually not quite okay, and keep doing it for a long time, people start to think what they do is a normal action. Working with warez and telling it outloud has become a situation like that. I'm not in a position to say I never do that or came here to blame you. Just nowadays, it started to bother me and I wanted to hear your ideas about it.

@mat Why do you reckon there are only 2-3 years left? Is there any info I've missed? I'd appreciate your opinion on the matter :)

I think it will be done by the laws, domain holders and hosting services will no longer stay that cool. And I guess that there will be domain restrictions upon request in all major countries. I mean your website can still stay alive somehow but you will need to 301 redirect your domain everyday to one another.

Since Depositfiles closed their affiliate, I have been moving on to other things. Just trying to wean myself off of sharing at this point.
There will always be piracy and there will always profit from it, but it's getting so that it isn't that worthwhile for me anymore. When it gets down to fewer hosts and uploaders, the income will stabilize, for those who hold out that long.

That is also very correct. When a way of earning money becomes popular on the internet (like Pinterest now) it's guaranteed to turn into garbage in the end.

When a community starts doing something that is actually not quite okay, and keep doing it for a long time, people start to think what they do is a normal action. Working with warez and telling it outloud has become a situation like that. I'm not in a position to say I never do that or came here to blame you. Just nowadays, it started to bother me and I wanted to hear your ideas about it.

I think it will be done by the laws, domain holders and hosting services will no longer stay that cool. And I guess that there will be domain restrictions upon request in all major countries. I mean your website can still stay alive somehow but you will need to 301 redirect your domain everyday to one another.

That is also very correct. When a way of earning money becomes popular on the internet (like Pinterest now) it's guaranteed to turn into garbage in the end.

Yes, it is true. I remember feeling like it was something illicit years ago, would never come to a forum to discuss it openly. Now it's just another thing to chat about, like sports or news. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back