Status
Not open for further replies.

cvrle77

Every thought in your brain, is caused by some previous experience, and is created in your subconscious. Your subconscious doesn't ask your conscious part anything about thought process, or what you think. So, you don't know what you'll think next, and you have no control over your thoughts, even though illusion is perfect. Every thought in your head is created a second before you become aware of it. Then it's being pushed in your conscious part of the brain, as already shaped and formed thought. That is how you become aware of that thought. We are only witnesses of what is going on around us, but being asked nothing, or having any REAL free control over our thoughts.

Btw, this is not philosophy, it's biology. It's how our brain works.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCofmZlC72g[/ame]

34 comments
This is simply not true. There are many times when random thoughts coarse throughout my brain, but there are plenty of times that I can sit down and think to myself for hours about things that I've never seen or thought of before.

I have an extremely vivid imagination that includes things that I have never seen before sometimes. Therefore it is not a thought I have already had nor an experience, but something unique and new that couldn't have been possibly thought of, experienced, touch, smelled or felt in the past.

This is not something that you dedicate 1 minute, to try to disprove it. It's scientific fact.
Even that thought of yours, about 'extremely vivid imagination', is created in a part of brain, that you have no control over. It's just being pushed in your conscious part of the brain, after it's being created.
Not sure how to put it for you to understand, but subconsciousness is a general, and your consciousness is just one of many soldiers in your body, that is getting orders from that general. So, when you get orders, that means you don't decide. Every decision is made by that general, even the decision that claims you do decide.

I am the General of my thoughts. There may be many cases where what you say is true but not 100% of the time.

After all, why would you put this in the debate zone if you were 100% certain =).

I am not a robot or a pre-programmed individual, I have the ability to create, visualize and think new things without them having to be based off of a previous thought or experience.

We can all find a guy with a crazy theory on how stuff works, but evidence and facts tell us the opposite.

I believe we have absolute control on what we imagine, think and do.

Evidence and facts are what you are being ignorant about, lol. He IS presenting you facts.

It's not a crazy theory, it's scientific fact, he just explained it in simple words. This isn't philosophy, it's biology. Everything in your life is caused by something, so are thoughts.

Saying that you have free will, means, that thoughts are caused by nothing. And we know that everything in this universe needs to have a cause, without a cause there's no reaction. Subconscious is the part of the brain, that is processing causes previously experienced, and creates a thought. That thought is being pushed in your conscious part of your brain, and you get perfect illusion that you made that thought, while you couldn't possibly influence how your thought was being created.
You are your subconscious, but you aren't controling yourself, the way you think you do. Instead, you have conscious part that is aware only of things sub. allows you to be aware of. Just like you don't control any other organ in your body, you don't control the stream of your thoughts. Cons. is just like liver, does what other parts of the brain tell it to do.

Subc. is a storage of all your fears, all of your experience, your emotions. If you would be in control of all those, all those thoughts would be in your conscious at once. That would be hilarious.

Its an illusion that you believe that you can think whatever you want to. Its actually your sub-conscious part that takes up some thought and pushes into your conscious part and you think you just came up with that.

Raptile, your sub-consciousness just came up with that. Its normal for a human being to not agree with something which they don't believe in, that is called denial. Just give it a thought.

Its an illusion that you believe that you can think whatever you want to. Its actually your sub-conscious part that takes up some thought and pushes into your conscious part and you think you just came up with that.

So when new inventions are created, this is the sub-conscious part of your brain that comes up with something new?

I understand that not all inventions are "new". Most are improved versions upon the past with new incorporations & slightly different alterations. But how about the people that do create something that's never been visibly seen before or thought of. How about the person that invented the wheel or the combustion engine and so on and so forth. All of these things took hours of pondering and multitudes of tests that no thought or sub-conscious could have given all of the answers to.

Raptile, just ask yourself, do you know what you will think next?

How about the person that invented the wheel or the combustion engine and so on and so forth.

Wheel, or a circle can be seen in nature. Moon would be an example.
Combustion engine had it's predescesors, like steam machine. Everything is an improvement, or association of something from the nature. It's outside of brain experience, that influence your stream of thoughts.
You can't possibly tell what is the next thing you will think about.

So when new inventions are created, this is the sub-conscious part of your brain that comes up with something new?

Yes, precisely!
The sub-consciousness is the most powerful part of your body. Nobody can tap into it knowingly. If that can be done, God knows how much we would progress.
The sub-conscious part may have also fused the idea from something circular to get an idea of a wheel

If you are asking him if he will know what he will think next, that's a trick question. When the mind is free of thought, you will not know what comes to mind. However if you take the time to go into a room that is quiet from the outside world and give yourself a full hour of self though you will come to realize that it is indeed you who has control of these thoughts and not some unseen force i.e.; sub-concious.

We were all born of free will, free thought and each having the capability to think and ponder something new.

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Wheel, or a circle can be seen in nature. Moon would be an example.
Combustion engine had it's predescesors, like steam machine. Everything is an improvement, or association of something from the nature. It's outside of brain experience, that influence your stream of thoughts.
You can't possibly tell what is the next thing you will think about.

Correct! But to take the simple circle and attach it to something used for transportation is something entirely different than something that wasn't visibly scene or perceived at one point in time. This goes on down the line with thousands of things. You cannot say that the internet was a prior thought until it's conception. Because it wasn't yet conceived and to say that it was already thought upon isn't possible.

Mankind certainly has free will. It is apparent in our science, our beliefs, and especially in our actions. Some believe "our" will is Gods will. Some believe science proves free will. Some take action in the moment to define their free will.

What will I think next depends on whether random events happen or everything follows a predicable path, in which case the result would vary.

Yes, precisely!
The sub-consciousness is the most powerful part of your body. Nobody can tap into it knowingly. If that can be done, God knows how much we would progress.
The sub-conscious part may have also fused the idea from something circular to get an idea of a wheel

So then the sub-conscious is the root of all creation and unique thinking? Yet how is that possible when you yourself can sit down and use your collective thoughts; fresh & old to arise upon a new conclusion?

You simply aren't thinking, you are being delivered every thought from subc. to consciousness. Thinking process is caused by somethng, so, its conditioned. Regardless of what you think, you are not really influencing your stream of thoughts, they are coming up on you. Even if they are in one big stream, still you aren't causing those thoughts, what's causing them is collection of your experience. You are not seeking the cause in the right place. Thoughts aren't just popping into existence for no reson, this convo is made, because you have experience of: talking, of this topic, etc...and everything in this topic is a cause, that makes you think about it.

I'll try to explain it in different terms.
Consider a fictional situation where a puppet has life. This puppet cannot act according to its own free will as it is being controlled by a much powerful being, and here it's the puppet master. But it is doing something, right?
Similarly, this sub-conscious part makes you do things...Aah now I'm getting confused with this whether I'm thinking of how to explain or is it my sub-consciousness [ffuu]

Ash, by your saying, God controls our every single movement, action and will?

My thinking process is affected by several factors surrounding me, it's not just happening randomly, if a door falls I'm going to think why did it happen, I wouldn't be thinking what if the door falls before it actually does.

I think Quantum Physics sets a pretty solid evidence of what I'm saying, every action has a reaction, without the action, reacting would not occur.

See? Ash right there in the short paragraph above you became confused with sub-conscious and conscious. Imagine if you took an hour all by yourself in a quiet room and started to focus on one thing you have never focused on before. You will come to many conclusions and thoughts that you have never experienced before. Some of these thoughts could be derived from sub-consciousness, sure, but many will also be from new thoughts that you yourself are controlling by shifting and forming the thought process as you go.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

You simply aren't thinking, you are being delivered every thought from subc. to consciousness. Thinking process is caused by somethng, so, its conditioned. Regardless of what you think, you are not really influencing your stream of thoughts, they are coming up on you. Even if they are in one big stream, still you aren't causing those thoughts, what's causing them is collection of your experience. You are not seeking the cause in the right place. Thoughts aren't just popping into existence for no reson, this convo is made, because you have experience of: talking, of this topic, etc...and everything in this topic is a cause, that makes you think about it.

I am not being delivered every thought. I give it thought and then I act. There are occasions where thought is not required and repetitiveness comes into play and memory serves well for those motions, however not in all cases. Sometimes new things spree up, whether they be a combination of the sub and of the con or just the sub is no matter. The real difference maker here with free will is the decision making process.

We as humans are ultimately the decision makers. We choose to go right or to go left, our sub-conscious does not make that decision, we do. Free will is based on a choice and you have many choices in the physical form as well as the internal form. A thought process is no different than whether you go left or right in my opinion. It's all by choice. You can be guided by the sub, but the consciousness reigns supreme in the ultimate final decision & thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back