Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberPrince

Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.

The latest version bumps the release number to 8 and takes it one step closer to matching IE 9 and Chrome in who can have the higher version number. This latest release contains many fixes which you can see in the list below:

• Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
  • Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
  • Added Twitter to the search bar
  • Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
  • Improved tab animations when moving, reordering, or detaching tabs
  • Improved performance and memory handling
  • Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
  • Added support for HTML5 context menus
  • Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
  • Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
  • Improved WebSocket support
  • Fixed several stability issues

You must manually go the to the FTP site linked to below, you can login as Guest to acquire the files. The update will most likely be pushed out to the mirror sites in the next two days.

Download by going to
Code:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/8.0/

source:
Code:
http://www.neowin.net/news/firefox-8-released

44 comments
old news buddy... using FF 8 like 1 or 2 week now
23487ab393.png

Chrome and its add ons started fucking up. Some stopped working and some weren't showing up. FF is starting to base its shit on chromnium/webkit slowly just like Opera did.

haha.. chrome would be the best.. and firefox 6 is the worst browser in the universe.

Open Firefox >> you have to wait Minutes to browse..coz most of the time its NOT RESPONDING.. :facepalm:

Chrome increase memory and CPU load having separate process for separate tabs, I prefer firefox because one in month it crashes in worst case and resumes the tabs on next start-up so I dont care much. ;)

Oh, not to mention the addon availability on FireFox cant be beaten by Chrome. :D

Chrome keeps an eye everything that you do and send it to Google.I stay away from it..Bored of stupid ads that google shows me most of the times.

Chrome keeps an eye everything that you do and send it to Google.I stay away from it..Bored of stupid ads that google shows me most of the times.
Of course.... and your too stupid to disable that?
well i have use ff 7 for couple of days and then i turn back to ff 3.x.x8-)

Chrome increase memory and CPU load having separate process for separate tabs, I prefer firefox because one in month it crashes in worst case and resumes the tabs on next start-up so I dont care much. ;)

Oh, not to mention the addon availability on FireFox cant be beaten by Chrome. :D
Congratulations. You are almost one year behind the rest of the world. For the first two years of Google Chromes life lots of people used the excuse that FireFox had more addons which is why they preferred it. It was the same marketing technique Apple used with it's App Store as the android marketplace had fuck all apps. Well things change and it was in December 2010 (that's almost a full year ago) that the number of extnesions for Chrome passed the number for FireFox. A FireFox extension can be converted to Chrome in 5 minutes if you know what your at. Add to this the fact that extensions don't break when you update and you statement looks even more foolish. It's people like you who claim such retarded old, inaccurate statements that show how FireFox users are stuck in the past.

As for FireFox 3.6..... that doesn't even support HTML5 right. I don't even support it now when coding new sites.

Get with the future and switch to Chrome.

Last edited:
Congratulations. You are almost one year behind the rest of the world. For the first two years of Google Chromes life lots of people used the excuse that FireFox had more addons which is why they preferred it. It was the same marketing technique Apple used with it's App Store as the android marketplace had fuck all apps. Well things change and it was in December 2010 (that's almost a full year ago) that the number of extnesions for Chrome passed the number for FireFox. A FireFox extension can be converted to Chrome in 5 minutes if you know what your at. Add to this the fact that extensions don't break when you update and you statement looks even more foolish. It's people like you who claim such retarded old, inaccurate statements that show how FireFox users are stuck in the past.

As for FireFox 3.6..... that doesn't even support HTML5 right. I don't even support it now when coding new sites.

Get with the future and switch to Chrome.
1.That was so funny, I forgot how to laugh.
I wanna see you try and convert the "tamper data" add-on.

2. Extensions*
3. I was a chrome fag but then FF8 came out and fixed alot of memory leaks. Chrome has gone a long way but it still needs work.

1.That was so funny, I forgot how to laugh.
I wanna see you try and convert the "tamper data" add-on.

2. Extensions*
3. I was a chrome fag but then FF8 came out and fixed alot of memory leaks. Chrome has gone a long way but it still needs work.
So I typed so fast the e and n got reversed? That makes FireFox better how? Have you seen the level of English on the rest of this site by some members?

The question you need to ask yourself is why did FireFox have the memory leaks in the first place?

Link me to the addon and I'll get back to you with a price. I've made loads of addons and extensions and have even made tutorials here on WJ of how to code basic ones.

Okay here is a true review?

I recently shifted to chrome from FF7 recently! gave it a try for about a week! you know what? it does have better extentions! almost all that i can find on FF! but it still sucks. you know why? cause it is a memory whore.

the fact it creates a new process for every tab, extentions, plugins installed! sucks, my laptop has 3GB of ram! when i was on firefox my meroy usage would top out at just say 1.2-1.4GB! and about chrome? it went upto 2.4GB hanging the fuck out of my laptop! and i can still post pics! all i will have to do is start chrome! open 4 tabs and show you guys the task manager.

so whats better?

FF with 400MB usage or Chrome with about 1GB+ usage? anyone who still says chrome is better.. is most likely to be a cunt.

EDIT:

here is the memory usage, with allthe major plugins uninstalled and 4 tabs open with only chrome running.

http://i.imgur.com/X2gPj.jpg

Last edited:
I am not saying what you say is false Happy, but I think 'most' people stick to what they know. I personally use Firefox, not because it is better, not because it has more addons, but because I know it. I am not saying Firefox is faster, better or even securer, all I am saying is that I know it, like it, and am used to it. I agree that Chrome is a great browser though.

Okay here is a true review?

I recently shifted to chrome from FF7 recently! gave it a try for about a week! you know what? it does have better extentions! almost all that i can find on FF! but it still sucks. you know why? cause it is a memory whore.

the fact it creates a new process for every tab, extentions, plugins installed! sucks, my laptop has 3GB of ram! when i was on firefox my meroy usage would top out at just say 1.2-1.4GB! and about chrome? it went upto 2.4GB hanging the fuck out of my laptop! and i can still post pics! all i will have to do is start chrome! open 4 tabs and show you guys the task manager.

so whats better?

FF with 400MB usage or Chrome with about 1GB+ usage? anyone who still says chrome is better.. is most likely to be a cunt.

EDIT:

here is the memory usage, with allthe major plugins uninstalled and 4 tabs open with only chrome running.

http://i.imgur.com/X2gPj.jpg

chrome is the best.. we have same size of ram but im using DDR3 1333 RAM

and it works fine for me

[SLIDE]http://screensnapr.com/e/utshvV.png[/SLIDE]

Running Processes:
[SLIDE]http://screensnapr.com/e/AibH0t.png[/SLIDE]

No problem at all.. Im always getting "Not Responding" with Firefox !FTW

Fuck you, Mozilla. It was Firefox 3 two years ago.. Now Firefox 8? Are they run by activision for fuck sakes?

On the endless debate, i use firefox because im used to it. I like Chrome but can't switch to it that easy.. :(
For now, i use Chrome for "Ctr-Shift-N".. yeeeeah! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back