Financial collapse on Cyprus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jinx

Hi, don't know did you hear anything about financial colapse on Cyprus. Cyprus government think that they take 25% of money from all bank users that have more than 100 000 euro. Their banks are closed till this Tuesdys while they decide what to do. A lot internet betting are registered on Cyprus and Webmoney send bank wire money from Cyprus. What do you think, will Webmoney take our money if Cyprus banks take them tax?

Last edited:
17 comments
@ Cometolearn - I want paste links but forum block it, get only *********, google financial colapse on cyprus, you will find lot links

@Deutschland - do yo rember what happend with epassporte?

During first days EU propose a 40% tax, same day russia disclose their position defending russian deposits in cyprus which nowdays represent the 50% aproximately of the bank acounts over 100K euros. In fact a lot of high level russian entities operate under Cyprus, anyway it doesnt mind all those work with Laiki bank (Worst bank ++ Tax)

Today Cyprus president propose to EU 20% tax so all is in the air.

I think that they all want to payout money from webmoney accounts and there's problem coz WM probably don't want pay taxes from their pocket.

Last edited:
This nothing to do with corruption.

Cyprus is having problems because they used Greek banking for their own money, and once Greece failed they fucked over Cyprus and now they are trying to avoid killing their economy thanks to Greece faults.

official reply from rapidgator about Cyprus conflict situation and payouts:

"....Dear customer,

We are not going to stop the payouts.
We'll keep paying weekly on Thursdays.

Best regards, Jane
Rapidgator Support."

so maybe situation dont effect everybody who is connected to webmoney, afterall.

This nothing to do with corruption.

Cyprus is having problems because they used Greek banking for their own money, and once Greece failed they fucked over Cyprus and now they are trying to avoid killing their economy thanks to Greece faults.

Everything to do with corruption.

The Cyprus government made the mistake of using the Greek banking institution, it is their fault. The corruption lies in the part where some of the politicians and people of importance were able to safely remove their funds.

An additional tax on individuals savings/checkings that were already previously taxed numerous times is FRAUD and essentially corruption.

If that ever happened here where they would literally take the money directly out of our bank account, that would be the end of the White House.

What you are seeing in Cyprus is indeed corruption at it's finest level. Stealing from the working class to cover the governments expenses. How about cutting down the government budget instead? You won't see that happen though...

Last edited:
This affected Serbian "businessmen" who have more than 10 billions there, but by Serbian law, they can have money only in banks from Serbia.

They mainly used Cyprus banks as offshore banks..

For the Cyprus government to even dare make the attempt at taxing individuals who make ANY kind of money a flat tax is preposterous and illegal and CORRUPT. I would shoot the bank teller right in the fucking head if he told me I was just taxed $10,000 on my $100,000. Because when it's all said and done, that's hard earned money that I worked for that was ALREADY taxed by the government.

You people talk about American Corruption? At least our Government doesn't steal from us. They may print money and run deficits, but I must say they have never taken a penny from me in real time.

I wish Cyprus was a state in the United States, try and pull that shit and see what happens here.

Such a scam meh.

Problem is that, if you are in Government in USA, you are already "rich", but in my country, if you want to earn something, without work, just join in some political group, and that is it. You will get a job, even if you don't know anything about that job.

I read it was EU (America cough :D ) forcing them, not Cypus governments choice ?

Cyprus is a beta test. The banksters are trying to commit bank robbery in broad daylight, and they are eager to see if the rest of the world will let them get away with it. Cyprus was probably chosen because it is very small (therefore nobody will care too much about it) and because there is a lot of foreign (i.e. Russian) money parked there. The IMF and the EU could have easily bailed out Cyprus without any trouble whatsoever, but they purposely decided not to do that. Instead, they decided that this would be a great time to test the idea of a "wealth tax". The government of Cyprus was given two options by the IMF and the EU - either they could confiscate money from private bank accounts or they could leave the eurozone. Apparently this was presented as a "take it or leave it" proposition, and many are using the world "blackmail" to describe what has happened. Sadly, this decision is going to set a very ominous precedent for the future and it is going to have ripple effects far beyond Cyprus. After the banksters steal money from bank accounts in Cyprus they will start doing it everywhere. If this "bank robbery" goes well, it will only be a matter of time before depositors in nations such as Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal are asked to take "haircuts" as well. And what will happen one day when the U.S. financial system collapses? Will U.S. bank accounts also be hit with a "one time" wealth tax? That is very frightening to think about.
Cyprus is a very small nation, so it is not the amount of money involved that is such a big deal. Rather, the reason why this is all so troubling is that this "wealth tax" is shattering confidence in the European banking system. Never before have the banksters come directly after bank accounts.
If everything goes according to plan, every bank account in Cyprus will be hit with a "one time fee" this week. Accounts with less than 100,000 euros will be hit with a 6.75% tax, and accounts with more than 100,000 euros will be hit with a 9.9% tax.
How would you feel if something like this happened where you live?
How would you feel if the banksters suddenly demanded that you hand over 10 percent of all the money that you had in the bank?
And why would anyone want to still put money into the bank in nations such as Greece, Italy, Spain or Portugal after all of this?
One writer for Forbes has called this "probably the single most inexplicably irresponsible decision in banking supervision in the advanced world since the 1930s." And I would agree with that statement. I certainly did not expect to see anything like this in Europe. This is going to cause people to pull money out of banks all over the continent. If I was living in Europe (and especially if I was living in one of the more financially-troubled countries) that is exactly what I would be doing.
The bank runs that we witnessed in Cyprus over the weekend may just be a preview of what is coming. When this "wealth tax" was announced, it triggered a run on the ATMs and many of them ran out of cash very rapidly. A bank holiday was declared for Monday, and all electronic transfers of money were banned.
Needless to say, the people of Cyprus were not too pleased about all of this. In fact, one very angry man actually parked his bulldozer outside of one bank branch and threatened to physically bulldoze his way inside.
But this robbery by the banksters has not been completed yet. First, the Cypriot Parliament must approve the new law authorizing this wealth confiscation on Monday. If it is approved, then the actually wealth confiscation will take place on Tuesday morning.
According to Reuters, the new president of Cyprus is warning that if the bank account tax is not approved the two largest banks in Cyprus will collapse and there will be complete and total financial chaos in his country...

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...in-cyprus-they-will-start-doing-it-everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back