FileSonic Deploys Vobile Content Identification Technology to Combat Copyright Infrin

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroseven

FileSonic Deploys Vobile Content Identification Technology to Combat Copyright Infringement

(PRWEB) June 11, 2011

FileSonic, a leader in personal and business solutions for a variety of cloud storage and file hosting needs, today announced it has deployed Vobile VDNA Digital Fingerprinting technology to better filter and protect copyrighted content.

Vobile is the most trusted and widely-used content identification and management solution available. The solution of choice for major movie studios, television networks, record labels and sports leagues. Its core VDNA technology fully automates identification, tracking and management of any image, audio or video with unparalleled accuracy.

All files uploaded to FileSonic will be matched against Vobiles VDNA Database, which contains millions of copyrighted image, audio and video fingerprints supplied by content owners. Files found to match and infringe copyright will be blocked by FileSonic.

FileSonic aims to satisfy personal and business needs by creating simple cloud storage and file hosting solutions while protecting intellectual property rights. Implementing Vobiles technology is one of the many steps FileSonic has taken to ensure that content owners are protected from potential copyright infringement.

ABOUT VOBILE

Vobile (http://www.vobileinc.com) is the most trusted and widely-used content identification and management solution available.

The solution of choice for major movie studios, television networks, record labels, sports leagues and content-sharing sites, its technology fully automates identification, tracking and management of any image, audio or video with unparalleled accuracy. The company is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.

Source & Filesonic

22 comments
I guess it will detect files which uploaded in original format

Example:- avi mpeg mp4 exe like these format it will detect and delete d files or if u continue to post same stuff in this format so maybe they can delete your account also.

this way more people will upload to WUpload, it's a win-win for them, as they calm down the copyright people, and they get more traffic to wupload

Seems to me each time I buy a 6 months premium from my favorite host they decide to go apeshit.

First HF and now FS, screw this.

@ Paul, never rely on filehosts ... always bought 1month keep extending././. if shit happen you will lose 10$, it is better to lose 10$ rather 60$,

anyways ... Nice move from filesonic, & screw you filesonic

Aha, Guys crying over this, Come on! This ain't no charity work. This ain't no legal shit either. Piracy is a crime and consequences are put into place. Stop your whining.

So what will happen now? my 2-4 file has been delete by digital fingerprint? Is It risky now upload on filesonic? Or have to say bye bye to filesonic?

I guess it will detect files which uploaded in original format

Example:- avi mpeg mp4 exe like these format it will detect and delete d files or if u continue to post same stuff in this format so maybe they can delete your account also.

probably that way.

Only original files (avi mp4 exe mpg etc.) will be scanned ;)

archives could be skipped.

hope this is not like a HF start.

this way more people will upload to WUpload, it's a win-win for them, as they calm down the copyright people, and they get more traffic to wupload
i was thinking the same thing on another note would it be better to just rar the files or can they detect those too

I visited the VobileInc website and did a little reading and such; apparently, the technology is primarily geared towards video content (thus their slogan "Empowering the Internet Video Economy).

This means that archives, at the moment, are safe. I'd say, not archives in and of themselves, but instead password protected archives. Since unprotected archives can be scanned within and the content can then be scanned for VDNA.

So yeah, this will affect those '1 link' movie posters.

I visited the VobileInc website and did a little reading and such; apparently, the technology is primarily geared towards video content (thus their slogan "Empowering the Internet Video Economy).

This means that archives, at the moment, are safe. I'd say, not archives in and of themselves, but instead password protected archives. Since unprotected archives can be scanned within and the content can then be scanned for VDNA.

So yeah, this will affect those '1 link' movie posters.

thanks for the "more" detailed info's l.talk

actually looks complex to me this kind of investigation........

probably you are correct about how it will scan files ;)

So archives ""look-like"" are NOT affected........

In a nutshell, VDNA is a unique identifier that can be used to identify both video and audio content. Like human DNA, VDNA is a robust identifier—its pattern stays largely invariant for the same video content, independent of video resolution, aspect ratio, encoding bit rate, frame rate, or file format. On the other hand, VDNA is also a highly discriminative identifier that is distinctively different for different content able to differentiate between closely related content.

If It can do such deep scan and differentiate between closely related content..I don't think It would be hard for it to break in & scan pass protected archives.

Why did filesonic took this step ?..seems to me they already made million $$ profit.

Just wondering, If filesonic made aware of this to uploaders by e-mail update ?

I am not a uploader but I enjoy reading Wjunction contents...ppl here educate me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back