Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoo

The Wise One
Hi,

Lately ive come across a lot of downloaders reporting submissions of websites that submit filesonic links that are >400MB in size and thus NOT downloadable for a free user.

Me personally I'm against the whole "you have to buy a premium account" else you can't download it. Atleast rapidshare/fileserve and other hosts still offer a "slow" way to download the files, which is always better since it's still free.

What's your opinions on this?

38 comments
^ lol he asking about filesize :P of rar parts

Anyways in my opinion, filesonic links more than 400MB shouldnt be allowed unless they are used with mirrors

Well i am with this till the time there are mirrors too.
Hope this will not be the new rule of ddl since i am providing 2 other mirrors too

My main argument here is that everything has to stay free for the users to download. if they wish to download a certain thing at higher speed, they can simply get a premium account but in the end they should always have the ability to choose between buying a premium account or downloading it for free.

As long as mirrors are provided I don't see a problem ofcourse ;)

Need more input...

Yea I get it, is exactly what I'm saying. I rather be able to download a 400mb size file as a free user and have that ability then to be forbidden and limited because of my subscription detail.

Well, I do upload single links on FileSonic but I think all the uploaders should make sure to increase the limit in their filesonic accounts to 1 GB -
cRe7i.png

As long as other mirrors are provided there is no problem at all.

But the main thing is all the uploaders who upload more than 400 MB file sizes should actually change the setting I above mentioned and this would help in more earnings too i guess?

Well, I do upload single links on FileSonic but I think all the uploaders should make sure to increase the limit in their filesonic accounts to 1 GB -
cRe7i.png

As long as other mirrors are provided there is no problem at all.

But the main thing is all the uploaders who upload more than 400 MB file sizes should actually change the setting I above mentioned and this would help in more earnings too i guess?
Thanks for letting me know that the uploaders have the ability to set a free users download limit. It's rather interesting to know that such a feature exists. This will allow us to respond more appropriate to the reports that downloaders do.

A rule stating: "All submissions that contain filesonic links must be downloadable by free users" or a more general rule: "The visitor must be able to use any of the download links without having to pay for a premium account" would be nice.

Thanks for letting me know that the uploaders have the ability to set a free users download limit. It's rather interesting to know that such a feature exists. This will allow us to respond more appropriate to the reports that downloaders do.

A rule stating: "All submissions that contain filesonic links must be downloadable by free users" or a more general rule: "The visitor must be able to use any of the download links without having to pay for a premium account" would be nice.

Yes, there is such feature in FileSonic and most of the uploaders don't enable it. This would indirectly help the uploaders too because most people look around for single links as well and this would probably make their links more useful.

But one more point I noticed is if this is not enabled and the uloader keeps on uploading files of 1 GB and shares them then there won't be any earnings in his account also. :O

Sometime I feel these DDL new rules are harsh on website owners, as uploaders have problem with using primary hosts. But than I am quite happy that if I need something i will search it on Twilight/Mecho/Nexus & find RS/MU links on atleast first 5 pages.

Well its really good to restrict webmasters with such rules. If these rules didnt exist, I am 100% sure most of the ppl would submit only FSO links(I could have been one of them :P)

Sometime I feel these DDL new rules are harsh on website owners, as uploaders have problem with using primary hosts. But than I am quite happy that if I need something i will search it on Twilight/Mecho/Nexus & find RS/MU links on atleast first 5 pages.

Well its really good to restrict webmasters with such rules. If these rules didnt exist, I am 100% sure most of the ppl would submit only FSO links(I could have been one of them :P)

Thanks, I'm glad someone finally noticed why we are trying to enforce such rules. ;)

Just make sure that if uploaders provide 400mb+ parts on filesonic
they should upload to RS/MU with that.

Hey,

Yeah in the end this would be the best solution, but there is no way to automatically check for this kind of behaviour. Right now I'm only looking at the reports made by downloaders and taking the appropriate action.

Regards,
Whoo

Filesonic is retarded.

So I can upload a 1GB file but not download it? Which dumbass made that site lol.

The ddl owners that see this thread:

Are you strong enough?Do you put above all the users that visit you?

Then enforce the rule for 1GB limit in filesonic or Ban every site that does not offer quality links for users.No shitty hosts.

That means war though!

Filesonic is retarded.

So I can upload a 1GB file but not download it? Which dumbass made that site lol.

You serious?Thats the smartest way for money making host.Enforcing users to buy premium.If Fileserve get 10 premiums per day,Filesonic gets 50.

Yeah I'm serious. I know it's a way to increase sales, but logically it's just stupid.

I stand by my point that a dumbass made that site.

It does, pick any non-cashwhore filehost, most of them have no limits, reasonable filesizes, etc, for free.

Free stuff is always better in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back