Status
Not open for further replies.

thephantom

I dont wish to use this forum in a negative way but I feel the public needs to know how badly Fileserve is run. People need to know the facts so they can make an intelligent decesion on which Fileserve hosts to use.

I was a satisfied Rapidshare customer for three years. Their customer service is beyond excellent. Whenever I have had a problem,they always responded to my e-mails right away and they have very good customer service phone support. However,since they have become less popular, I decided to try out Fileserve.

On December 18, 2010( PayPal Transaction ID: 0FC595388S020730K) I decided to give FileServe a one month trial to make sure that I liked the Service before signing up for a three or six month extension. I was not aware that I committed myself to an automatic renewal every month. I guess it was somewhere in the small print, perhaps I should have seen it, but I did not see it. Upon further review in the PayPal Community forum, I noticed there are several threads about this from disgruntled customers of Fileserve; one of the threads is three pages long so I am not the only one this happened to.

On January 17th 2011 an additional unauthorized payment of 9.99 was removed from my account for an additional one month of service.(PayPal Transaction ID: 7C596999T76517252). This was done without my authorization and I notified Fileserve of this by sending them an e-mail at paypal@fileserve.com on January 18th, 2011. In fact, I wanted to sign up for an additional three month extension which is why I wanted the more expensive one month option cancelled. They never got back to me. So, I sent a subsequent follow up e-mail on January 19th, 2011 to paypal@filserve.com. As of today, March 18, 2011 thy still have not responded.

Upon further review of the Fileserve Website, one will notice there is no customer service phone number listed. So, I decided to buy a phone card and call the number listed with PayPal to try to resolve this matter fairly. The number supplied by PayPal for FileServe is 852 30591659 and this number is located out of Hong Kong. Fileserve does not answer this phone number. I have dialed this number more then ten times to try to resolve this matter but the number keeps ringing and is never answered.

As a result, I felt I had no chance but to contact PayPal directly. On February 13th, I advised PayPal to cancel my automatic renewal option with FileServe, simply because I knew that Fileserve would not get back to me. They subsequently cancelled the automatic renewal option on February 13, 2011. So, I was even more surprised when another automatic payment was withdrawn from my account on February 17, 2011 (PayPAl Transaction ID: 90X01382TG510582K) for payment up to March 19, 2011.

When I logged into my account on March 17, 2011 I noticed that even though Fileserve took my payment, I was not even a Premum Member. This credit was never applied to my account.

Moreover, before going Public on this forum with this dispute, I decided to contact FileServe two more times in an attempt to reolve this matter. So, on Wednesday, March 16, 2011 I went directly to http://www.fileserve.com/contact-us.php which is their customer service support page. I sent a inquiry though this page asking for a phone number so I could resolve a problem with my account. As you might have guessed, they never responded to my inquiry. So, I contacted them once again on Thursday, March 18, 2011 via http://www.fileserve.com/contact-us.php and even indicated that I was going make this information public on Wjunction in one last ditch attempt to get a response directly form the company. As you might have imagined, they never got back to me.

As far a PayPal is concerned, PayPal launched two investigations into this matter but they decided to side with FileServe because I did not cancel the automatic renewal option directly at the PayPal website. This is something FileServe could have told about and it would not even have got to this option if in fact they responded to my January 18h, 2011 e-mails or at least answered their supplied Customer Service Phone numbe listed with PayPal.

So, Ricky, if you are reading this, I want my money back or an automatic one year extension for the inconvenience and bad faith that you caused by letting things go unanswered and getting this far.

As far I see things, Fileserve is a scam. They have zero customer service period.They just want your money and will not respond or help you in any way. They do not repond to your emails. They do not even answer their telephone. What kind of operation is this???????????????????

The public should be aware of this before making their decesion about which file hosts to use.

21 comments
Well i dont agree with you thephantom.
I remember back in the days while i was activly using rapidshare they used to send me these patern email responses to every question i had.
Than i switched to hotfile and I did the same mistake as you did. I bought 1month acc and i didnt see the automatic subscription so the second month it was automaticly renewed. I was angry like you are I also wrote mails which were never responded so accepted that mestake as I DID IT, and i learned from that mestake as u should too. No filehost will give you money back of something you subscribed. at the and you can always cancel your subscriptions no need to contact fileserve or paypal for that.

The second thing about extending another account from your paypal acc i gotta say you should change passwords on your accounts, it is probably someone else using it.

the point is always read before clicking

I dont know how you missed the automatic subscription option, its right there on the front page for heavens sake. You also get an email from paypal when you subscribe to a service.

I recently got a 3 month megashares account and this is what appeared on my account's first page( naturally i have canceled it)

[SLIDE]http://uimgz.com/i/t9S39Y6a9o3m3.jpg[/SLIDE]

So its kind of your fault here. But yeah, the Customer Support of almost every file host sucks, so better to contact their reps on Digital point forums or here

Yeah happened to me too, the solution is cancel the subscription each time you buy premium. As far as account do not upgrade goes, try logging off and login back. It works for me.

So far, fileserve is one of the best filehost there is out there. No doubt about it :)

Hey thephantom aka. <something>,

As far a PayPal is concerned, PayPal launched two investigations into this matter but they decided to side with FileServe because I did not cancel the automatic renewal option directly at the PayPal website.
First clue. Your responsibility.

Here's your second clue. Look for the star:
[SLIDE]http://lulzimg.com/i15/b5457a.jpg[/SLIDE]

Here's your third clue. Look for the Terms page:
[slide]http://lulzimg.com/i15/7d7280.jpg[/slide]

Here's your fourth clue. Real big fine print don't you think?
[slide]http://lulzimg.com/i15/385029.jpg[/slide]

Your fifth clue is going to be found in your email inbox that you signed up for a subscription. Email sent from Paypal.

Instead of typing out all this nonsense that we're a scam, how about you go down to your local optician and blame them for not giving you reading glasses that will spell it out for you that you have signed up for a subscription?

Our customer service support is fully functional and has helped thousands of users.

Ricky, you are ignoring what I said:

The issue is that after a total of 4 wriiten requests to resolve this this:

a) two requests via paypal@fileserve.com made in January 2011, in which no one responded. It is now two months later.

b) two requests directly through http://www.fileserve.com/contact-us.php three days ago and still not responded to. I even indicated that I would post on WJUNCTION if someone did not get back tome. I gave you a chance to resolve this first before coming here.. In fact, I gave you many chances over two months and all went unanswered.

c) 12 requests through your phone number 852 30591659 supplied by Paypal which is never answered.

I wanted to renew, not cancel my subscription but no one bothered getting back to me from your company. How do I I resolve this matter? Stick to the points. How does someone contact Fileserve when they have a problem besides having to go through this FORUM?

You dont repond to e-mails.You dont respond to requests through your support page. No one answers your phone number supplied by PAYPAL. If your customer support operated as it was supposed to, I would not be here.

Im not the only one this happened to.Look here:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...-cancel-auto-payment-to-fileserve/td-p/135852.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5...op-Recurring-Payment-To-FileServe/td-p/140117

There are several others on the PAYPAL forum as well.

Its not about flaming Fileserve. Its about getting a straight answer from you. How do I resolve this? What is your customer service phone number that you answer? What e-mail will you answer? Again, why am I here in the first place? No one from your company bothering getting back to me to help me. WHY IS THIS?

Lrts go though your points one by one:

1) A PAYBAL Investigation was initated because no one from FILESERVE responded to me. Once again, what phone number or e-mail address will you bother to answer?

2)I am looking at the star that you are referring to that states PAYPAL SUNSCRIPTION. I though it was a one month subscription. Again I contacted you to resolve this, no one answered.

3) The terms page that you highlighted is on a totally different page from where you sign up for a premium account, in fact. it is one of twenty fice links and not easy to see. Again,I contacted you 15 times and no one got back to me.

Why was my payment in February not applied? Why did I not receive Premium status even though you pocessed my payment? Just tell me hoe to resolve this and prove that FileSERvE lives up to the reputation of providing quality customer service.

STICK TO THE POINTS. HOW CAN THIS BE RESOLVED??????

paypal@fileserve is probably not a monitored email for one. just to accept payments
you can cancel a subscription at anytime right in your paypal account
it says subscription all over will be renewed

Best of luck getting your money back man. I know i for one went to purchase a FS acct for downloading only as you did,but read the fine print that they sell by subscription only,so chose not to. I unlike others in this thread read through everything you wrote on your first post. And i agree not answering emails or the phone number they provided to Paypal is very VERY unproffesional for a website/host as large as Fileserve is getting,for them to rely souly upon Wjunction as a support portal isnt proffesional in my opinion,how are the end users downloaders NOT uploaders (before all the noobs start replying here). How are they suppose to find this site as a support portal if its not listed on the Fileserve site itself as the support forum if what i wonder now.

Now as per the rules of Wjunction,do we not require any host,filehost or otherwise to have a valid support portal before being allowed to sell services here? and if so why has Fileserve been allowed to do this?

Yep the automatic subscription is kind of a scam . Many people don't know about this coz not many services have automatic renewal and some are rebilled without even knowing xD

Best of luck getting your money back man. I know i for one went to purchase a FS acct for downloading only as you did,but read the fine print that they sell by subscription only,so chose not to. I unlike others in this thread read through everything you wrote on your first post. And i agree not answering emails or the phone number they provided to Paypal is very VERY unproffesional for a website/host as large as Fileserve is getting,for them to rely souly upon Wjunction as a support portal isnt proffesional in my opinion,how are the end users downloaders NOT uploaders (before all the noobs start replying here). How are they suppose to find this site as a support portal if its not listed on the Fileserve site itself as the support forum if what i wonder now.

Now as per the rules of Wjunction,do we not require any host,filehost or otherwise to have a valid support portal before being allowed to sell services here? and if so why has Fileserve been allowed to do this?

I couldn't agree more with this one.

Why are there so many newbs replying without even bothering to read the whole thing?

Btw customer service @ Fileserve is shit, show Paypal how you tried to contact them but they never reply to anything.

The number of noobs replying to this thread stating 'Fileserve is best because they pay me $xyz' is alarming. I've cleaned the thread, and any more noobs that reply to this thread blindly accusing the OP to be a noob, will be infracted.

Please refrain from butting in on every thread and causing unnecessary drama.

Well Yes
as RickyFS said they have totally shown it in there website.

So this is not a scam.

You also get a email when an automatic profile payment is setup.

However there unresponse is not good for there customers.

Yep the automatic subscription is kind of a scam . Many people don't know about this coz not many services have automatic renewal and some are rebilled without even knowing xD

I believe this applies to all, if not the majority of the file hosts. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you. Very well said.
This makes a good point.

Good job lifetalk.

Btw I don't think OP has the right to complain about the monthly subscription thing since its the customer's fault is he fails to read the fine print. Even paypal makes it clear when a payment is a monthly subscription. All you have to do is either check your paypal account or your email to find that out.

And for people that don't know, a monthly subscription can be very easily cancelled from your paypal account. No need to contact anyone for that.

However, the real concern is that OP's calls to rectify the situation went unanswered and his attempts to get in touch with FS support also failed. I think that's something that needs to be looked into. A company as large as Fileserve is now should have no excuses to not have a 24x7 functional phone number and support crew answering support emails. Their forum support is excellent but not many people know about WJ, so that's a moot point.

Fileserve is doing honest business, please don't mistake that because of the monthly subscription thing but there are certain things they can perhaps improve on like answering emails faster and putting up a phone number on their site.

Last edited:
@prazsky

If you notice the OP is sent an email to FileServe Support 3 days ago which is till very early to expect a response about. He should have at least waited 5 working days before complaining about the lack of CS reply.

The emails he sent in January were sent to FileServe's payment gateway account , i doubt that any hosts reads the emails it gets on their accounts which are used to receive and send payments.

Hotfile used to do the same thing, i remember using earnings to pay for 6 months sub and they still took the monthly sub from paypal.

Easily enough sorted, you can cancel the subs straight from the paypal account page anyway.

this doesnt look like a scam..actually its your mistake...but it looks kinda wierd that they charged you even after cancelling it..it should not have happened...

hope you get your money back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back