• Low

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • Very low

Votes: 47 34.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for your answer ;)

Welcome my friend... I just wanted to make clear to all that we do not manipulate the data... There is no reason to do that!

Thanks to you (the uploaders), FileMates is increasing its traffic day by day, steadily. It would be stupid and UNFAIR (the most important) to change the data in order to earn just a bit more. We would lose YOU and thus we would lose much more than what temporarily earn.

I am programmer and I have been using internet many many years and I was having the same problems like you in the past... All of the web sites try to cheat and earn a bit more. I try to keep FileMates as fair as possible so that we all earn ;) I want FileMates to become a big network that will live many years and it seems it can be...(yn)

I promise this will never change. No doubt :sun:

The 200 mb is to help YOU make money and us as well... You can upload files up to 5GB (free or premium) but there is this restriction for downloads as this way the files convert better premium members ;)
The expenses are very high to let free downloads ;)

When I find users posting links on my sites to files larger >200mb total from your file host forcing users to register or buy premium accounts, which is in violation of my sites rules, should I ban them from my sites or should I ban your file host completely?

When I find users posting links on my sites to files larger >200mb total from your file host forcing users to register or buy premium accounts, which is in violation of my sites rules, should I ban them from my sites or should I ban your file host completely?

Well, I suppose you should block our file host completely... We can not be completely free... You know, limitations make money to us and to the uploaders... Uploaders do NOT have any responsibility... FileMates has decided these rules.... They do NOT have the responsibility ;) If you have to block someone, block our File Host :(

And would you care to share with us, the links of these great sites of yours!

All filehosts have a download file size limit. Filesonic (sharingmatrix) had a

download file-size limit of 400mb.

Did you ban filesonic from your site(s) when unruly members posted files

>400mb?

Have you banned depositefils, oron, crocko, fileden...and all the other

filehosting sites with 1GB download file-size limit because unruly members

posted links >1GB?

thanks mate. filemate :D my 1st my good reaction about you.. so fast upload and It's very good... I'm sure you and I will earn more, thanks I'll start uploading my files :)

Last edited:
no sale and no download earning i see my files already download but not count why reply me filemate wait for ur answer

Hey... I saw you PM... I reply you in public that is better... You have 22 files... 5 of them have been downloaded. 16 times in total...
I checked IP per IP... Of course I did it just to be sure for my answer...
All the downloaders that have downloaded the files have been registered under other affiliate links... This makes me imagine that you post on blog/forum or whatever that other uploaders post as well their files and they have sent those downloaders before you...
So, again I say, you do NOT have to worry about data manipulation. Just wait for new downloaders to open accounts or try to post your work/files in other pages... =) It is up to you to decide...

Well, I suppose you should block our file host completely... We can not be completely free... You know, limitations make money to us and to the uploaders... Uploaders do NOT have any responsibility... FileMates has decided these rules.... They do NOT have the responsibility ;) If you have to block someone, block our File Host :(

I respect your right to make money, it is the greed that comes with the low size limits that concerns me. I will take no immediate action and see if it becomes a issue of abuse just because of the manner in which you answered. I hope you continue to hold both the uploaders and premium account holders of your site with this type of regard.(y)

And would you care to share with us, the links of these great sites of yours!

No, Sorry I do not care to share the names with you or in this thread, I prefer to the link between myself and specific URLs out of the public eye. They all rank well though and I can delete thousands of posts a day on any of them and still have plenty of fresh content for search engines, crawlers, and scrapers.

Did you ban filesonic from your site(s) when unruly members posted files

>400mb?

Yes, many posters have been banned for posting links that can only be used with a premium account on all of the sites. We also ban duplicate accounts actively, in particular those posting automatically, we have a few rdp ip ranges banned also. If we didn't we would be overrun with multiposter spam posts like many other sites.

Have you banned depositefils, oron, crocko, fileden...and all the other

filehosting sites with 1GB download file-size limit because unruly members

posted links >1GB?

We have a number of file hosting sites currently banned including some you mentioned and some not mentioned. When we see abuse we act

We do not only ban them for the size limitations, some have been banned for not paying their affiliates within reason, some have been banned because of terrible service, etc.

We are currently considering banning hosts that block the US because those users bring the most advertising dollars to our sites and that is what pays to keep the sites online.

Many of you forget the people that download. It is these people that visit the sites that view advertisements, buy premium memberships, and download files. If they go away, we all loose. Remember they spent time looking to download something without it costing them any money, they will look a long time to find it for free some where and from someone else.

I respect your right to make money, it is the greed that comes with the low size limits that concerns me. I will take no immediate action and see if it becomes a issue of abuse just because of the manner in which you answered. I hope you continue to hold both the uploaders and premium account holders of your site with this type of regard.(y)

So you are concerned with the download file size limit and you label the policy 'greed' in a derogatory manner.

Out of curiosity,

Have you applauded filemates for their low prices and/or high download speeds for guests, free members and premium users alike?

Have you labelled these attributes offered to filemates users as 'selfless', 'altruistic', 'praiseworthy'.?

Are you without Greed?

Is it out of selflessness or altruism that you take measures to keep traffic flowing to your site(s)?

You have made it plain that you want to keep high traffic (including US traffic) flowing to your sites. Isn't the reason for this policy, your strong desire to harvest those advertisement dollars which the traffic brings in?

What is the etiquette, you attach to this desire? Altruism!?

"We are never greedy, it is always the other guy who is greedy." Milton Friedman.

No, Sorry I do not care to share the names with you or in this thread, I prefer to the link between myself and specific URLs out of the public eye. They all rank well though and I can delete thousands of posts a day on any of them and still have plenty of fresh content for search engines, crawlers, and scrapers.

This is one of the measures you take to keep your board(s) clean in order to ensure continuous high traffic.

Why do you want high traffic?

Yes, many posters have been banned for posting links that can only be used with a premium account on all of the sites. We also ban duplicate accounts actively, in particular those posting automatically, we have a few rdp ip ranges banned also. If we didn't we would be overrun with multiposter spam posts like many other sites.

People love freebies. So you take measures to ensure that the links on your site(s) are free.

I guess this measure is also to ensure that the traffic keeps returning to your site(s).

The question is, why all these measures to attain and keep high traffic? Is't motivated by altruism?

We have a number of file hosting sites currently banned including some you mentioned and some not mentioned. When we see abuse we act

We do not only ban them for the size limitations, some have been banned for not paying their affiliates within reason, some have been banned because of terrible service, etc.

We are currently considering banning hosts that block the US because those users bring the most advertising dollars to our sites and that is what pays to keep the sites online.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum (QED), these are all measures to achieve the same goal.

Your goal to keep high traffic is perfectly legitimate and praiseworthy.

And your motive for pursuing high traffic is also perfectly legitimate and YES, praiseworthy.

The only question is,

how do you label this motive of yours?

I am aware that I'm being redundant but sometimes one must repeat things to make a point. Hence, I repeat that the motive I am referring to is the one you named;

'earning the advertisement dollars your traffic brings in.'

Many of you forget the people that download. It is these people that visit the sites that view advertisements, buy premium memberships, and download files. If they go away, we all loose.

No, many uploaders have not forgotten the downloaders. Downloaders are the very reason many uploaders exist.

Remember they spent time looking to download something without it costing them any money, they will look a long time to find it for free some where and from someone else.

This is a casual and frivolous assumption which you are at liberty to make.

Had you bothered to swap the word [STRIKE]they[/STRIKE] for some, your statement of great wisdom would have contained a shadow of truth.

You have demonstrated good netiquette for most of your contentions. But can you really speak for all downloaders?

I can't help but shudder at such bold arrogance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back