Filehosts which don't allow code in links

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterb56

I just want to see if you guys know other filehosts who don't allow file links to be in code tags (not live links)

Example: I found this in Deposit Files FAQs

Note: You don´t get paid for the files if:
  • the users who downloaded your file reached the website following the link which was sent via icq or email, or if the user simply copied and pasted the link into the browser window ( to protect from fake users).

Do hotfile, fileserve, and filesonic count the downloads even if they aren't live links?

Here's what FS says on their website:

We require users to uphold certain integrities when presenting your friends with the upload. This means you cannot SPAM your files to your friends.

7 comments
Wow I didn't know that (about depositfiles) thanks for noticing. I do believe hotfile fileserve and filesonic count everything, cause I notice my depositfiles downloads are 4x less than hotfile ones (using a mirror)

Yes, DF don't allow coding links...thats why they never made into movies as all warez forums require users to 'code' their links.

Hmm I tested it and filesonic and it counted my coded links as an earning...

Ricky from FS says that coded links are counted in Fileserve... but I havent tested it yet though...

I think easy-share also doesn't count clicks without referrers cause it didn't count the coded links I placed on a different site... hmmm...

This sucks.
But many webmasters are making links clickable, so you may try to upload for a site where depositfiles links are clickable :P

For depositfile, i suggest to protect your links before coding them. By this way, your file protector becomes your referral. B-)

Ok just tested fileserve and it does count links without referrals :D

Though my earnings showed it was d/l 7 times and on filemanager its d/l 5 times -weird lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back