File Hosting Companies To Apply Digital Fingerprinting Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemicalX

digitalfingerprinting-207x191.jpg

ScrollDog has been in contact with an MPAA representative by the name of Eddie Hoang. *He works within the MPAA’s Tech department and advises the company on what software file hosting services should be using to combat copyright infringement. *Mr. Hoang stated that after the Hotfile news broke, his office received dozens of phone calls from various file hosting companies inquiring into the legalities of their operations.
“I *set up conference calls with the individuals who were interested in safeguarding their businesses. *These calls were placed on my behalf with one of our lawyers present during the conversations. *We advised them that so long as they were compliant and took our suggestions into consideration to help prevent copyright infringement that they would be in good standing with the MPAA. *We don’t want to have to take down companies in court, we just want to make sure that they are taking steps to prevent themselves from becoming piracy havens like MegaUpload or Hotfile.”
After speaking with Mr. Hoang, we decided to do some of our own inquiring within the file hosting industry, to see which, if any, would be implementing this type of software. *Most of the companies that we spoke with were either oblivious to the fingerprinting technology being required in the Hotfile case, some, however acknowledged that they would be applying fingerprinting technology to their services as soon as January of 2014.

See the full story here:
File Hosting Companies To Apply Digital Fingerprinting Software | ScrollDog.com ? Breaking Scene News

1 comment
Great article, and a great read.

These kind of articles position scrolldog.com as one of the leading scene news source online which makes me come back from more articles.
Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back