Status
Not open for further replies.

kublaikhan

What is the fastest FTP program? I currently use FileZilla, but it goes very slow for me (60kb/s). Are there any faster programs?
I need to transfer 25GB of content, and I calculated that it would take well over 100 hours to do the entire transfer. The price is not important to me (as long as it is reasonable), as long as it is much faster.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
25 comments
Maybe...If I go from server to server, so do you think that my connection speed does matter?

NOTE: I will post my speedtest result after work.

Last edited:
@torrfriend: If it's FXP, it's server-to-server without any downloading or uploading from my computer. For an FXP client what would you recommend?

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

speedtest.jpg

Please advice...

filezilla is fine, and extremely popular. Its probably the server you are trying to upload to. You have 8mbit upload, which roughly translates around 750k/sec. I would expect around 650k/sec.

Best scenario would be ten hours. give or take.

Thanks, I try FlashFXP out! Whether it is or isn't, it really does seem a lot faster than FileZilla I've used. Regardless of speed though, it has a clean layout and is very easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back