FAB - Forum Activity Boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Happy

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/u/vbrzyc.png[/slide]

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/u/hpga6w.png[/slide]​

Info
Adds posts randomly and naturally to make your site look more active. It's designed to be used in download areas. All members and posts are automatically generated and everything is very easy to use.

I only though of this two days ago so new features, suggestions, feedback are all welcome.

Download
http://rapidshare.com/files/404902101/FAD-Forum_Activity_Boost.zip.html

vBulletin 3 & 4 only at the moment but will add IPB and PHPBB once I get some feedback on this version.

Issues
If the new members appear as Guests you just need to go to
ACP -> Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Fix broken user profiles
And that will upgrade them to whatever custom member settings you have on your site.

77 comments
@ Mr Happy

>.< Dont for get to add to ur siggy lol

lol ya doing it now.

I suppose, but you need to unistall and reinstall. Ill take the same basis of your install, make it into a member creator and add a link to the advanced section. Not sure how its coded, but seems logical. Ill test that out and if more interested ill post my results.
I'll add a settings area where you can import more members and change the password.

Thinking about it I like the idea of being able to import lists of members to add to the script rather than adding additional members one at a time as it's pretty slow and boring.

Just installed and check
its really nice work by Mr.Happy

Thanks for this awesome work (Script) :)

Keep it up Bro
Excellent. Good to hear :D

alright sounds good, looking forward to the next update.

Another suggestion is to allow user decide if and how much random views to add.

Want random views on/off
range low 10 high 50

Any idea how to remove all those users and posts made by them ?

All of them post as Guests, it should register as a member and the registered members boost and the members should be added to members list. In other words, they should be given full member rights.

Bcoz when they post , it says in their post count "N/a" and in their status "Guest"

im mad at u happy:(

u do everything for forums while us blog owners have to stare in awe....make it for blogs (commenter or sth) for gods sake!:'(

alright sounds good, looking forward to the next update.

Another suggestion is to allow user decide if and how much random views to add.

Want random views on/off
range low 10 high 50

Right ok. Idea noted This is what I'm thinking for the Advanced Area.

• Select Forum to post in
  • Exact amount of posts you want (instead of 1, 10, 30)
  • range of views (high medium low)
  • range of topics age (high medium low)
  • custom replies pack to use (eg you could use a tutorial pack in a tutorial area)
  • ignore topics that are stickied option
  • ignore topics by members who are banned but the topics remain option
  • ignore topics posted by certain member option

As this list grows the longer it will take to code. It will also obviously be slower to run and harder on the server. I like the default way it's so simple to use yet so affective.
Anything else you want added let me know and I'll consider it.

im mad at u happy:(

u do everything for forums while us blog owners have to stare in awe....make it for blogs (commenter or sth) for gods sake!:'(
Actually unlike LinkzBot this will be fairly easy to modify to use on WordPress as well. I'll look into it after IPB and PHPBB but before SMF and MyBB. It won't have the advanced list as blogs don't have sticky threads etc. That should make you happy :)

Actually unlike LinkzBot this will be fairly easy to modify to use on WordPress as well. I'll look into it after IPB and PHPBB but before SMF and MyBB. It won't have the advanced list as blogs don't have sticky threads etc. That should make you happy :)

YAY!....:D

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/u/djiouu.png[/slide]

This is what the Advanced Options are looking like so far. Just want to test it a bit more myself first.

I love your plugins, i really do, but this one, i'm not sure, i just don't like the idea of having fake active members saying thanks randomly, the forum will look active yeah, but the webmasters should work hard to make it really active, making plugins like this will not help them in anyway .

Good job though ;)

I love your plugins, i really do, but this one, i'm not sure, i just don't like the idea of having fake active members saying thanks randomly, the forum will look active yeah, but the webmasters should work hard to make it really active, making plugins like this will not help them in anyway .

Good job though ;)

True and I agree. However SharpLeech is similar in theory from the posts being fake point of view. I don't use it but it's incredibly popular. Sure you could even argue that all DDL sites are fake as they don't contain any content. They only link or iframe pages from other sites.

But anyway thanks for your comment and honest opinion :)

You should do ratios :D like 1 post:200views

Ya I'm working on that.
[slide]http://screensnapr.com/u/3i9ss8.png[/slide]
It will have three ratio ranges to chose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back