Status
Not open for further replies.

First-Dragon

As soon as i restore the site on my VPS server load start to get high until it reach 200 and server crashes. It is a WordPress based site with around 4K visitors daily, VPS is very good, with 6 cpu cores and 2gb ram so it shouldn't be a problem for this traffic. I have a screen of top command:

Code:
http://gyazo.com/68440ddc5c69ba3d73dd89791178d78c
As you can see the number of tasks is around 100 on this image and that number is getting higher and higher until it reaches around 500 and then server fail. Can anyone please help with this, what can cause this extreme load.

Thank you.

15 comments
Any attack ? And looks like your mysql nt well optimized . Which webserver are you using ? php version ? any op code cache ?

Last edited:
No attacks, I've tested and restored another site and no high load on server at all, so it is not something on the server that is causing this, it must be something in the site, maybe some plugin or i don't know, something that can cause load.

Server Version: Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

PHP Version 5.3.16 , and no opcode cache installed i think.

Last edited:
remove ALL plugins, by renaming plugin folder to old_Plugins, and creating new Plugins folder.
Then add plugins one by one, to see which one is causing issues.

Last edited:
If you have any visitor status , wprobot type or any other rss feed grabber plugin then you can face trouble . And also install any cache plugin . Varnish is the best solution for a wordpress blog .

Ok i tried changing plugins folder name, but deactivating all plugins didn't worked. This is very weird situation, i mean from the momenth i restore the site server goes on 200 load in a minute and number of processes goes to 400 and more.

Code:
http://rapidimg.org/images/XHbU.png

Last edited:
MySQL/Apache configs could probably use some proper optimization; however, sounds like there's some funky going on with the site. Hard to help based on whats provided though.

Ok i tried changing plugins folder name, but deactivating all plugins didn't worked. This is very weird situation, i mean from the momenth i restore the site server goes on 200 load in a minute and number of processes goes to 400 and more.

Code:
http://rapidimg.org/images/XHbU.png

A proper server optimization may can reduce you load . As you said you have 4k/day visitor its nt so much . We host upto 8k/day visitor in our shared server with low load , so if you optimized your server then you will nt face any high load problem.

Last edited:
Ok update on problem, changing to default WordPress theme reduce the extreme load. So now the question is what can cause that much load in theme files?

Edit: All plugins are deactivated.

The thing is when i activate the theme index.php process starts to multiple until it crashes the server, causing extreme load very quick. But the theme worked a long time without this problems, and i didn't change any code recently.

Another interesting thing is i have installed another site on same server and when i do performance benchmark using the ab command it gives me totally different results for sites. The problematic one is doing only 0,3 requests per second and other site over 200 requests per second, how is this possible?

If you have any Wordpress caching installed try clearing the files in the cache folder, maybe after moving servers the old files cant be overwritten?

Or Pm me the details and i will sort it for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back