Hello fellow wj members

here i found an exact copy of warezscene

Code:
http://www.gotwarez.org/index.php
same everything

sections, layout style, etc

why cant people be different???

12 comments
Okay well first off the theme is public and is called Bluefox, so I have no problem with that, but then they copy all of the sections and descriptions too. :S

It really doesn't matter because at the end of the day the stats show for themselves who is the original and better site.

Failwarez: Threads: 307, Posts: 310, Members: 5, Active Members: 5
WarezScene: Our users have posted a total of 481,685 articles. We have 228,263 members.

true but sections in same order and same descriptions its just a bit rude dont you think to be ripping of a higher more respected warez site dont ya think

Greeny: Thanks for seconding what I said in a larger format.

Warez sites have respect? Whoa, when did this come into play. I thought we were ripping off multiple companies and providers, spreading their work for everyone on the internet to steal.

Freedom of speech, make any topic you would like as long as it follows the rules.
This was never a topic of right and wrong...just expressing how we feel on the topic.

Okay well first off the theme is public and is called Bluefox

Wrong on that one mate.

WarezScene's modification of Greenfox (to go blue), was done before anyone else had decided to do so. vBStyles created "Bluefox" around three months ago, whereas WS has been using it since April. I guess they liked our theme. =P

Note that Bluefox and WarezScene Blue are actually different shades.

2qn6s68.png

(Bluefox on the left, WarezScene Blue on the right)

--

That aside, thank you for pointing the site out.

All large sites have only become large due to innovation, as opposed to imitation. I've seen multiple clones of WarezScene, from a copycat domain name, all the way across to theme rip's and layout stealers. It's impossible to stamp out copies.. I've tried many times. As a good friend of mine, Kap, once told me - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So it shows we're doing something right. =P

Yes, the owners are total faggots, and will come out with idiotic excuses as to how they aren't copying you (ie; WarezForum.info), but let them be that way.. their sites aren't going anywhere. You'll never find a successful clone.

Eh, a different shade of the skin isn't new found glory, its a simple change. Not enough to make the skin "not public." But, I do second that it is petty to make an exact replica. I am also working with the skin but that is outside the theme. I will show it to you on completion, you can be the judge haha.

lol,
Even I had kept warezscene theme on my site for few days as default.
But later on changed it to optional as I made a lite skin.

Now 2 more skins of my site are under construciton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back