Elf Buddy's first ever giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elf Buddy

I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel and reached WJunction!

Nice & friendly place! So, Santa's asleep and he wanted me to start some of the competitions by giving away a one year domain (.com, .org, .co.uk, .net) from Namecheap courtesy of WJunction.

To enter, simply post below stating what you think a successful site should have.

You can post as many times as you wish (replies to other members) but your first post number will be counted only.

Competition open for 72 hours.

Enjoy, and as Santa says, ho ho ho!
lu77HEq.gif

Last edited:
32 comments
Nice present man. Thanks

A good site must have easy navigation, cool interface with as much Dynamic data as possible, rich in content, bright layout with well designed forms and secure database makes a successful site and time worth spend.

Home Page,Provide Original, Credible Content,Make it Easy to Navigate,Create a Well Organized Website,Keep It Simple,Keep it Fresh,Keep It Consistent,Feature A Site Map,Add A Search Feature,Fonts,Graphics,Social Media,

A successful website should be device agnostic. It should be compatible with every mobile device, so that all users can access the website using any platform. The website should be better looking and more inviting. The pages should be brighter, bolder and more visual; eye catching! The website should be easily navigable and responsive. The 'search' system should also be well defined. Most of all, a successful site should have a great management team to be there, always..

Awesome present btw. Welcome :)

a successful site should have. Good Visual Design, Thoughtful User Interface, Primary Navigation Above The Fold, Repeat Navigation In The Footer, Meaningful Content, A Solid About Page, Contact Information, Search, Sign-Up / Subscribe, Sitemap, Separate Design from Content, Valid XHTML / CSS, Cross Browser Compatibility, Web Optimized Images, Statistics, Tracking and Analytics.

A good site should be first of simple and faster for the user. Moreover, site should have perfect on-the-seo and off-the-seo settings. Website should be spider-friendly, and should be unique as heaven. A membership is optional, but a good site will be always ad-free. A good graphics will catch the people's eye, and they will be loving to come back again. Last, it should be always up-to-date making return users happy. That's all my dear Elf Buddy :)

Ok there is alot to this... I will start with -

1. Fruitful content - I find this to be the most important thing in every website. No matter how screwed up everything else is if a website is providing some kind of important/useful/unique content then it's bound to get many many many visits. This is the highest regarded quality of a website according to me. Not to be forgotten, the content must be definitely updated in a systematic manner to keep the flow of visitors.

2. Unique features - Everyone cannot be facebook.. Can they? By this I mean, although there might be a million other sites just like the website, a good website will be able to stand out of the rest with the help of it's unique features. This is what makes a normal website, special, compared to it's too many competitors. So a good website definitely possesses something unique.

3. Fast Loading / Zero downtime - Sites that don't load quickly definitely make anyone irritated so a good website is one that should provide all it's content in such a manner that it's effective in the qualitative perspective and also in the quantitative perspective. Confused? Simple, the quality of the website is more like the content and the quantity here denotes the speed. Image optimizations, Valid/Good code, Error handlings, Good hosting, Checks on other heavy elements, Better resources etc are the things that a good website looks into at the base. Consistency of a website/zero downtime is a factor that should be kept in the mind and every such site which is to be labelled 'good' needs to asset itself by having a very high uptime. Look at every big giant - Google, Facebook etc. They have this, uptime is a must.

4. The Perfect Design - Nothing is perfect? Perhaps. But in this case I am talking about a design that can be atleast estimated perfect for that particular website. A good website should have a design that is modern, makes the user stay for longer, responsive by all means, equalization of colors used, matching concept, utilization of most of the space, content divisions, properly categorized or divided according to the needs of the content, a smooth navigation, a search bar to make things easy, a simple yet a colorful design that doesn't harm the eyes of the visitor, to the point, sleek, elegant, abiding resolutions, so catching it all up.. user & search engine friendly. Not to be forgotten, a good website should also mantain its design's consistency, a design is more like a trademark of a website which it should not change drastically and just keep bettering it bit by bit as new things come in play.

5. Effective SEO & Marketing - This is considered as important as every other point mentioned in my list. Everything above can be done but if a website is to get popular and users be able to access all of the above, a site needs to definitely have good SEO and Marketing skills to get known around and a site with such capabilities is one that can be termed 'good'. Social Media Integration, Search Engine friendly links, Proper linking, Relevant keywords, Meta descriptions, Upto date information of the changes happening around and betterment according to them, Well schemed plans to target the visitors, Link building, Good analysis and tracking, Funding abilities, investing on ads and other promotional activities and everything else related to this field if adopted properly makes a site really well-going.

6. Other Factors - A membership system, user-connectivity options, ethical communication, a good staff team, freebies, bonuses, giveaways, knowledge base videos, FAQs, Proper information, contact forms, Additional apps, RSS updates, Email updates, Subscription possibilities, in short, everything else that makes the user's time worthwhile and makes the user stay.

Well I guess if the above are properly followed by any website it can easily reach to the top. That's that for now. ^^ Well good luck to every1 and bring it on! ;)

BTW, Yaaaaaaay!!! Santa's here! [wjlove]

lu77HEq.gif

a sucesfull site must have a speed opening and browsing compatible with all browsers.it is simple and clean desing.it should be understand able by every single users.

For good site SEO is most important as skilled webmaster possibly a good team of skilled staff if runing any type of forum. Light weight theme less graphics less mods or plugin keep site clean from junk spamm etc so site load faster for SEO well good metatags works using most common words like fashion, GFx ,free, crack, full these words used by almost old or newbies as well and for sure good host provider with friendly and 24/7 for uptime and daily back

I could name the same things as the others said but I think most of you forgot about a mobile template.
In these days, where most of the users are using more and more mobile devices, a perfect, customized, mobile template is a must.

I hate visiting websites on my iPhone that are not compatible with my device.

Another thing, as said above, is a good webmaster/ower. One that will take care of his site daily, add content, talk with his members, etc..

Rest is less important to me, as long as it's compatible on mobile devices and admin(s) are good and kindly people, I'm good! :fly:

I will put this all to a simple sentence. A successful website should have what the users wants. It differs from website to website.

For e.g. Facebook, design should be newb friendly and to spice up the things there should be tons of features.

So always if you work on what the users want on your site you will win ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back