Status
Not open for further replies.
19 comments
I joined only on 2011 and my rep power is 6.
I think it depends on how many different member's give you reputation and likes.
And yes, there might be other factors aswell.

Last edited:
ON topic, it has nothing to do with the year of joining, IMO.
I joined only on 2011 and my rep power is 6. I think it depends on how many different member's give you reputation and likes.

It can do it just depends on how the system is configured.

The reputation system for vBulletin is rather complex in how many options it has in the AdminCP. All sorts of factors can contribute to a persons reputation (everything that has been mentioned so far).

@ OP - I can why you are confused but don't let it bother you (y) just keep posting great topics/replies and your reputation will increase soon enough :)

JGM.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info JGM :)

And on a note I am not really interested in increasing my rep power. I wont be active after my vacation :P as I havent been from the past 1-1.5 years

If he reps you using the green plus sign in the postbit, you gain however much rep power he has. Don't know what it is with likes.

Thinking about the total/super rep I mentioned above to combine them all here's a start.

Total Likes x 2 = A
Total Posts / 10 = B
Total days as member x 3 = C

Get the total of A+B+C and divide by 50 and you'll have a Super Rep score. The average would be about 10-30 with the highest up about 80-90 ish.

This can be played around with but it's a starting point. You can play around with the divide by and multiply by numbers. The rating I have gives more rep to older members and then to people who receive likes. It discourages heavy spammers getting lots of rep.

If somebody is bothered they can work out the rep for a few random people or suggest improvements as I'm sure their are a lot of intelligent and mathematical members around to come up with a formula.

For OJ: 183
For Happy: 152
For OP: 62

Don't have a problem with the current one, and yours would mean members won't have much rep at all unless they've been here for over 12 months.

I don't have anything against the current rep system but i think the ideal rep system should have something to do with POST/LIKED POST ratio.
The less the ratio means the better is the quality of posts. (Of course we can reverse it as liked/posts because when a member has 0 liked posts then that ratio will tend to be infinite but that is not an issue here)

This will clearly separate BETTER contributors. Also its always easy to trust an old member. So each year can have small +1 rep unlike happy's idea of days x3 /50 which will give a drastic increase to member's rep (+21/year)

I am not giving a proper algorithm , m just suggesting the logic which should be in the algorithm somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back