Status
Not open for further replies.

soft2050

Hey Friends,
My website has this tags:
Code:
<meta name="robots" content="all" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />

Anyone tell me that will the have any effect on seo or not.

Also give me also some cool meta tags which can help me in SEO.

6 comments
Hey Friends,
My website has this tags:
Code:
<meta name="robots" content="all" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="1 days" />
Anyone tell me that will the have any effect on seo or not.

Also give me also some cool meta tags which can help me in SEO.

What type of script do you use ?

If it is wordpress I can help you do your metatags !

Those particular tags won't have a huge effect, no -- it's mostly only the title, keyword, and description tags that you should worry about.

No don't use them. Robots content All is telling search engine spiders to crawl stuff they were going to crawl anyway.
It's like your driving along a straight road and some idiot flags you down so you stop and he tells you to continue driving straight. SURE THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING. Why the hell did you have to stop me and tell me to do something I'm already doing? It's pointless and just adding more unnecessary data to your site.

Revisit-After.
This one is even worse. If Google is crawling your site be happy. Be very happy. Telling him to go away and come back in a day in no good. Do you know how much extra topics, comments and additional content you could get in 24 hours? Everyone loves 0day releases but these are impossible if Google only visits your site every 24 hours. You'll always have old content.
Google is clever. A lot more clever then the people above who said to add these meta tags. When Google finds a new site it crawls it a lot. It get's to learn the site, how good the quality of content is, how often is new content added etc. When Google learn this is adapts and crawls your site less depending on how much new content your site adds.
In other words Google works out the crawl rate and how often it needs to visit.
If you do want to control how often Google crawls your site you are advised to do it through the Webmaster Tools. This should really be left at default unless you have a huge incredibly busy site. I'll take Twitter as an example. Their are something like 200 million tweets a day so if Google were to keep crawling Twitter indexing everyone of them the servers would melt. To combat this Google has learned which authors post good quality tweets and follows these instead.

I had a site and managed to generate millions of new pages at an incredible speed. I once got Google to crawl half a million pages in a day. The server was under huge load and the site was about to crash but Google learned that it was making the site slower and was putting it under too much load and reduced it's crawl staying at about 150 thousand instead for the next few days.

So ya ignore those two two meta tags and let Google work it out itself.

Google bots are not so much interested in meta tags and description but Yahoo & Bing are... But they are not so strong as Google...

The only meta tags that I care for are the <title>, <description> and the occasional <keywords> apart from that I don't use or care for any other meta tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back