Does domain age affects the ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashuseo

Does domain age affects the ranking of website. If yes then kindly tell me that how to rank newly domain in search engines

12 comments
Many SEO’s feel that both domain age and length of registration effect search engine rankings but it is still an arguable question

nope i dont think so all you need is good seo & you site ranking will grow as your site grow.. within 3 months i was able to reach 1000k/day traffic on non-download site.. for the first 2 weeks i was the only one who was posting n reading..lol

According to me, domain age is not a big criteria for good ranking. Otherwise new websites would never reach the first page of any search engine. Link building and website popularity will affect your website's search engine ranking.

Matt Cutts, Google Engineer and spokesman dispels some myths and sets the record straight on the importance of domain age for good search engine rankings.
The popular belief has been that older domains do better in search results and are given extra favor due to their age. The idea is that an older domain that has been established has earned a greater level of trust with Google than a younger domain that is not as established. Matt admits that this is true to a point, but domain age is an insignificant factor that really carries very little weight in the Google algorithm.
Matt then goes on to list the factors that are more important for a site to rank well in Google:

• Unique, high quality content
  • The quantity of content
  • External back-links to your content
[h=1]The myth about domain age[/h]While the importance of domain age has been hotly debated for years, in fact, there is little weight given to domain age, especially after a site is 2 or 3 months old. For a new site, domain age is a factor, because typically a new site does not have much content on it, so for that reason it will be more difficult to rank well in the search index. After a few months, site rankings can be based on giving visitors the good content they are looking for, so at that point age is no longer such an important issue.
Great site content along with the back-links that content naturally attracts is what will help you rank well and bring the search traffic you need. By creating high quality content for your site, you are providing exactly what visitors are looking for, and if they like your content, they are more likely to bookmark it, link to it, and share it with others, so good content just naturally generates quality incoming links.
With this latest clarification from Matt Cutts on domain age, it should finally put to rest some of the false assumptions about the value of aged domains in the search engine ranking.

Does fresh domains get some special treatment from google? I met with a rapid wskoczeniem several fresh stronek to 1 tens google, but with no constants seo actions, after a few months website quickly disappeared from the search results.

Domain age doesn't matter I think its all a myth. I registered a domain about 6 months ago and within the first month it was outranking other sites that have been around for long for certain keywords. Its all about content and great on-page SEO... and some off-site SEO after a while of course.

There are many myths or rumour spread that domain age is affect ranking. Actually it is not a major factor for ranking. If your sites domain is new and if your site have quality content and back links, it get rank well.

it is a factor, but each of these factors has a score. I suspect domain age is probably like a 0.7 or something
So there are 99 other things you can still do if your domain is new

Doamin age is not matter

Domain age are low or High, Its does not matter, Google mainly consider about content only , So use unique content to your Websites and posting.

Domain age, today is not important, see this video

matt cutts speaks [video=youtube;-pnpg00FWJY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pnpg00FWJY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:
my opnion is YES. aged domain will rank faster than new one. my friend confirm me about this. and he is using a old domain now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back