Does anyone have an anti-virus installed on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuchi

My anti-virus is bugging me. There's a pop out window on my toolbar asking for update every now and then. I hate it. Does anyone have a better anti-virus I can use? Please help.

25 comments
Last edited:
My anti-virus is bugging me. There's a pop out window on my toolbar asking for update every now and then. I hate it. Does anyone have a better anti-virus I can use? Please help.

You must get annoyed pretty easily lol.
Personally I use AVAST (Free edition) - a pop up appears when I first boot the computer, but that is just to say that it has already updated my virus definitions. No other popups appear. If they do, then it's a very rare occurrence.
But it updates itself, so you don't actually have to do anything.
Maybe this might be an option for you.

I used "Norton AV, Gaming Edition", a few years ago - I can't recall any pop ups with that software. Infact, it was actually very lightweight and unnoticeable.
Maybe look into that as well.

BTW, for anyone looking to troll by saying "OMFG AVAST SUCKS BALLS", I don't care if you like my choice of anti virus. GTFO !
Just keep on topic or don't comment at all. <3

I just use microsoft's AV now.

There's really no point in any other for me personally. I'm not stupid enough to download viruses and MS' AV does just fine.
No benefit anymore of using one which costs or one which is full of ads/nags, those are only useful to people who are vulnerable to viruses.

At the office we all have a active subscription to Kaspersky. I use this in conjunction with malwarebytes manual scans and advanced system care's system clean up services. Works pretty good. We have a installation sandbox installed because we deal with many customers files. So it is good just incase a employee makes a mistake and we can catch it before it does any harm.

At home I do not really have any active programs just some manual stuff I run if I suspect something, which is never. All I do is play games and surf mainly at home when I get a chance to be there. lol.

I just use microsoft's AV now.

There's really no point in any other for me personally. I'm not stupid enough to download viruses and MS' AV does just fine.
No benefit anymore of using one which costs or one which is full of ads/nags, those are only useful to people who are vulnerable to viruses.

Same thinking here. If you don't download malicious software, you're good to go with free AV
And another reason why i don't use any paid AV is that they eat a lot of system's resource

Best Free Antivirus:
Avast.

Some of the "decent" Paid Antivirus's :

BitDefender
GData
Kaspersky
Eset

Others all are crap, and don't you ever go for McAfee, Avira or AVG, those are the worst "so-called" antivirus's out there.

Go for microsoft security essentials and say bye bye to warez downloads. whatsoever av's u use, if you download and install warez there is high risk of getting malware. No av is 100% secure and they eat much of system resources but MSC is kinda ok for me..

I was just sharing my experience. Probably that can happen as well.

But the major way of getting infected is by downloading things.

As per my opinion, I would say get Bit Defender.

Doesn't it really needed these days ? Just use a basic program that keeps the scanning up in real time . Files goes in and move out should be scanned nothing much . Microsoft Security Essentials is good never seen it taking high loads .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back