Doctors Take A Long Shot And Inject HIV Into Dying Girl. The Reason Why Will Amaze U

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Im.z2ight-

[video=youtube_share;lAsPupfqOJw]http://youtu.be/lAsPupfqOJw[/video]

This is pretty amazing!

This little girl has cancer and they inject HIV in her to kill the cancer.

10 comments
I've watched all these videos and there is one thing that I didn't understand, so Emma got cured from the cancer she had BUT does she have HIV virus now?

So happy for that kid. Quite smart if you think about it, don't know why this was not used before.

Thankfully I don't know from my personal experience but living with cancer would be such a nightmare. If I had to pick between HIV and cancer, I'd pick HIV any day.

Awesome
I would love to hear more stories regarding the treatment of cancer via hiv that would be a great achievement in irradiating cancer and thats the worst thing that could happen to anyone as in my own family everyone whom passed away recently died because of this terrible disease.

[h=3]How does HIV fit into the picture?[/h]Promoting the video, the Upworthy website boldly states that the doctors are injecting “HIV into a dying girl”, and that she received a “deadly disease”. This is a serious bending of scientific truth, and very misleading.In fact, the researchers are using a type of virus called a lentivirus to reprogramme the T cells. This family of viruses – of which HIV is a member – are particularly skilled at sneaking into cells and embedding their genetic code within the cell’s DNA. Unsurprisingly, this makes them a good vehicle for smuggling in the genetic instruction telling T cells to attack the cancer.According to the video, Professor June says that the virus used in these experiments was originally derived from HIV, and we hear the film-maker asking off-camera “So you’re taking the HIV virus and infecting healthy cells with it to help kill cancer?” However, the virus has undergone significant genetic tinkering, meaning that it is no longer harmful (as June does go on to explain). And it’s arguable whether it should even be referred to as HIV at all, given how much it has been altered.And the researchers didn’t inject any virus into anyone. As we’ve explained, they took immune cells out of the patient, treated them with the virus in the lab, then injected the modified cells back in.

scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2013/06/25/no-doctors-did-not-inject-hiv-into-a-dying-girl-to-treat-her-cancer/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back