Do you think filehosting will ever go back to normal like before?

Do you think filehosting will ever go back to normal like before?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

examan345

As everybody has seen in 2012 is a terrible year for filehosting. Megaupload was gone and all of the good hosts like filesonic fileserve filejungle putlocker videobb have left and dont have affiliate. New hosts try to come up now but then the gfy.com people ruined it for everyone again with the stopfilelockers.com site and now all of the paypals are getting limited. Do you think in the future will it ever go back to normal and good filehosts will come back again or start newer better hosts?:'(

40 comments
Stop acting like it's your God Given right to steal anything in digital form and then sell it for your own profits. Listen... in language you can comprehend... content creators such as myself work damn hard and spend a ton of money creating content that people enjoy, and that content was meant to compensate me and me alone.

You have no right to steal it. You have no right to sell it. You also have no right to whine and complain about me stopping you. After all, I am the guy who created it.

Frankly I'm tired of all this talk about how piracy promotes the product being pirated, and that somehow we're supposedly seeing record sales because of your piracy promotional methods. If that were the case, we'd be BEGGING you to "share" our content. But we're not. Get it? You're not benefiting us.

I'm also tired of the "your business model is dead", or "your product sucks, that's why nobody will pay anything for it". I find it ironic that you're using this supposed "dead" business model to make money yourselves... with my content. And I also find it quite ironic that you're telling me my product sucks, while stealing it.... and selling it. How about walking into a store, stealing everything off the shelf... and standing at the entrance of the store with a sign that says "Everything 90% off." and when the business owner comes out to kick your asses... you tell him "your business model is dead", and that he needs to "innovate" and "make a better product that people are willing to pay for."

And here's something I've always wanted to know; If I'm not able to make a living with the content I'm creating... and you guys are making billions from it's distribution without compensating content creators... how exactly do you think your piracy business is sustainable in the long-term? Think I just get up in the morning and say to myself "Synergize... let's start this day off right by creating some MORE awesome content for all the uploaders at WJunction to pilfer!"

What do you think happens when someone goes to Google and searches for "search term" and sees "search term 800mb AVI on RapidShare"? Have you ever known anyone who has told you "man, that video was so f***g awesome! I'm going to go PAY for that video even though I already watched it." Nobody says that.

So until you guys start operating in a way that benefits everyone, and stops f***g the entire media creation industry... we're not going to stop coming after you. We're going to have your billing shut off, and your links pulled.

And before you say it... None of the file lockers paying for uploads or paying for downloads are DMCA compliant. There is no "safe harbor" or "fair use" for thieves.

Last edited:
rapidshare became normal imo but the warez filehosts that keep on getting warez files will never get normal because they will lose the warez traffic

imo new file hosts will come and disappear but who is going to sustain for long time is the question. I can see filefactory, depositfiles, oron and very few are still surviving after megaupload issue. but i dont know for how long ? also i can see many uploaders are not willing to upload since few of them not made payout and uploaders are disappointed.

Everything will be back to normal just some things will be changed

-the first thing is PayPal will be not available for File hosts so they will pay through Payoneer Paxum Moneybookers or Webmoney
- every Uploader will have a account by another Payment Processor

Paypal was long enough the n°1

no body can stop File lockers everybody has seen what's happening to Sopa Pipa Acta etc... when they want to stop data piracy
not forget the History of MegaUpload every one has seen what happend to many big websites like FBI / Visa,Mastercard/MPAA/Riaa/Sony etc ...the fight between anonymous & thos websites etc...

Sopa was supported by more than 11 Countries & a lot of Companies like Sony & MPAA etc and after all they have done nothing! yes they have forced the biggest file hosters to close ther Affiliate programms
but Warez is still exist & the biggst one like Rapidshare & Putlocker too

Every one know that File Hosters are a legal business if they want to close File hosts they can start with Youtube!
in youtube u can find alot of illegal stuff not provided by Vevo or something ( u have just to personalize ur search )

Every one know that File Hosters are a legal business if they want to close File hosts they can start with Youtube!
in youtube u can find alot of illegal stuff not provided by Vevo or something ( u have just to personalize ur search )

Youtube is hugely different, and makes your example meaningless. Youtube does not pay for uploads, and does not pay for downloads, and they also respond extremely quickly to DMCA takedown notices. Oh, and they also don't re-post content that was previously taken down by DMCA.

Sounds like you need to brush up on your legal education if you think that file lockers that incentivise the propegation and dissemination of infringing IP are legal businesses.

The law does protect content creators. It does not protect pirates.

^^excuse me sir, but if you upload an "illegal" video on youtube, you can get much people watching that video.. this mean. youtube will pay you with the ads thing... a lot of people are doing it..

I for one are happy about this! i am tired of alot of these douchebags uploading (if thats wht u wannna call it) files, and DEMANDING to be paid for it. Well to those of you like that. FUCK OFF out of the warez scene, as you have no clue what its about. And to those trying to stop all of these shitty "filelockers" keep up the great work, you are only helping warez to become what its really about again.

^^excuse me sir, but if you upload an "illegal" video on youtube, you can get much people watching that video.. this mean. youtube will pay you with the ads thing... a lot of people are doing it..

Of course you can find infringing videos on any video service that allows user-generated content. But the defining difference that you're so conveniently avoiding is that YouTube does not exist for the sole purpose of promoting piracy. YouTube is the most legitimate channel of media distribution out there, next to iTunes, Amazon and Hulu. YouTube has massive distribution deals with major television networks.

People go to YouTube to watch NatGeo, or Ray William Johnson, or Philip DeFranco. People go to Rapidshare to download the latest full-length pirated FTV Girls video. Nobody goes to Rapidshare to upload videos of their kids to send to Grandma. Nobody's distributing links to family videos on the forums so they can get paid $30 per 1000 downloads. Nobody's getting paid hundreds of dollars for uploading that great video of Uncle Frank's 80th birthday party. See where I'm going with this? YouTube is the last place on the internet I'd go to download that cool movie that just hit the theaters yesterday.

Let's not forget the P4P business-model revolves not simply around ad revenue (although that's part of it), it is fueled almost entirely by you receiving a $30 compensation for 1000 downloads, or getting paid a certain guaranteed rate for certain in-demand movies and software. We're talking about immediate gratification, versus delayed gratification.

If you guys were in this for the ad revenue sharing, you'd be YouTube Partners or bloggers... not pirates.

Comparing YouTube to file lockers is just ridiculous.

Of course you can find infringing videos on any video service that allows user-generated content. But the defining difference that you're so conveniently avoiding is that YouTube does not exist for the sole purpose of promoting piracy. YouTube is the most legitimate channel of media distribution out there, next to iTunes, Amazon and Hulu. YouTube has massive distribution deals with major television networks.

People go to YouTube to watch NatGeo, or Ray William Johnson, or Philip DeFranco. People go to Rapidshare to download the latest full-length pirated FTV Girls video. Nobody goes to Rapidshare to upload videos of their kids to send to Grandma. Nobody's distributing links to family videos on the forums so they can get paid $30 per 1000 downloads. Nobody's getting paid hundreds of dollars for uploading that great video of Uncle Frank's 80th birthday party. See where I'm going with this? YouTube is the last place on the internet I'd go to download that cool movie that just hit the theaters yesterday.

Let's not forget the P4P business-model revolves not simply around ad revenue (although that's part of it), it is fueled almost entirely by you receiving a $30 compensation for 1000 downloads, or getting paid a certain guaranteed rate for certain in-demand movies and software. We're talking about immediate gratification, versus delayed gratification.

If you guys were in this for the ad revenue sharing, you'd be YouTube Partners or bloggers... not pirates.

Comparing YouTube to file lockers is just ridiculous.

Do you really think these shitty filehosts are going to advertise that they pay per download anywhere else other then WJ? the simple answer is NO! they wont, as they know this is the former Katz Downloads webamster forum, or they see what it has become anyway, and start, or promote these crappy services here to make a buck, and all, well most, of you noobs fall for it and either get scammed (which i personally applaud) or they go down as they are chicken shit kids.

I cannot wait for all of the PPD filelockers to finally vanish from the warez scene, i may then come back to filesharing

why would you want to hack a perfectly legitimate website which is helping many businesses?

I suggest you and everyone else who is hating on it grow up.

I mean seriously, you're pirates, you break the law on a regular basis, you are the ones in the wrong, not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back