Hindi Do i have to pay GST if i rent server outside of India?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gon

if i buy server (personal use) outside of India, do i have to pay GST? lets say i bought server from leaseweb, i.e. seller is from Netharland/USA.

6 comments
If leaseweb doesnt charge you GST, you dont have to pay.

You can show that amount paid as expenses.

But if you pay them using your business bank account, you may have to pay.

No, You dont have to pay GST in this case.

Also for hosting providers: If you are from india and your clients are from other countries you dont have to charge them GST :)

thanks for the info, is it also applied for services? in case if i hire someone outside india and pay him, lets say i hired someone from USA and asked him to set up my server. do i have to pay GST for that?

paypal gives USD=INR exchange rate, transaction ID. but if i use debit card for the payment i don't see any kind of debit card transaction receipt. only i can see bank statement that X amount money deducted. in that case how can i proof it as expenses? just the the invoice (USD) which i receive from hosting provider?

In Short:- Any country tax apply within its territory.
If anything you buy, seller may charge you which you can show when filling return as expense and also claim ( if you have GSTIN )
Outside seller can not charge GST either any digital or physical item or service.

So in your case you hire someone or buy anything - NO GST.

You can ask your hosting supplier to provide you invoice and to show under firm expense but paypal, debit card ( fund source ) and invoice must be on firm name.
So you need to have 3 papers, 1) hosting invoice, 2) Paypal payment page invoice, 3) bank statement

Anything else info, feel free to ask but PM me too ;)

Reactions: Gon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back