Status
Not open for further replies.

soft2050

DLE VS WordPress - Comparison

Ok! So I see many threads coming up here about choosing between dle and WordPress! So I thought I would write a comparison between both of them! The comparison written below is only from my knowledge and other user comments on them!

Which is More User Friendly?
WordPress – There are a lot of plugins available for wordpress as compared to dle! You can simply upload a plugin from admin cp and you are done! There are also many functions available for developers to create plugins easier! Whereas this is just the reverse in case of DLE. Modding dle requires good experience and there aren’t any hooks available! You gotta dig in the existing plugins! Unlike WordPress, you need to upload the plugins manually to the site

Good for Warez?
WordPress is a free cms script and thus you won’t be bothered anytime for hosting it illegally! Whereas DLE is a paid script! Though the developers of DLE are very lazy and I had never seen any case where a website received complaint for using nulled DLE

What about SEO?
I have heard many users saying after Google started there panda effect that DLE will generally get sandboxed! No, It’s not! Most of the dle website out there are penalized by Google because they use Search Cloud module which generates a new page and either link to the page or add in sitemap whether there is any search result or not! This can be taken care of if the existing plugin is modified to the needs. It’s also a fact that most of the DLE websites still score high in search results then other cms! DLE generates random keywords, tags from the post by default that could increase unneeded pages in the Google search results

You need many posts?
Personally, I think DLE is a lot better for sites which want posts from other resources. WordPress would be a good choice if you wanted to create a blog where only you want your downloads or only high quality downloads from your team (Only limited to 20 – 25 editors)! For a scene blog, of course go with WordPress

Code Optimization
[strike]DLE is a whore once your database size increases! You will end up getting a lot of problems unless you do a lot of optimization! The script is not so good coded and it eats a lot of server resources. I am not much with WordPress so can’t say about that[/strike]
I take my words back :facepalm after checking Mr.Happy's Post below in the thread! The reason i posted above since i always saw problems occuring with server while using dle and not wp (from users here to))! Though never noticed that the DB Size is also small in WP!
Read Mr. Happy's post:

How do I find out if a website uses DLE or WordPress?
DLE: Visit the following urls! If they exist then they are using DLE! ! It could be inaccurate if the admin of the website has changed codes
{siteurl}/index.php?do=register, {siteurl}/index.php?do=addnews, {siteurl}/index.php?do=stats
WordPress: View page source and search for “/wp-content” or “/wp-includes”! If match is found then website is likely to be using WordPress

Example Sites:
DLE: freshwap.com, tinydl.us, dl4all.com, heroturko.com, dl4everything.com
WordPress: rlslog.net, oneddl.com

Some extra points by dljawed:

Do correct me if I get wrong somewhere!
Regards

Last edited:
14 comments
Code Optimization
DLE is a whore once your database size increases! You will end up getting a lot of problems unless you do a lot of optimization! The script is not so good coded and it eats a lot of server resources. I am not much with WordPress so can’t say about that

This is the complete opposite. Presuming both are in default setting Wordpress is a huge drain on servers compared to DLE. Wordpress has loads of plugins, features, settings etc which create a massive load on your server if the site get's a lot of traffic. DLE on the other had by having less hook points and other settings makes it far less a load on a server and faster for larger sites. You hear people complaining such as in this topic that the DLE site database is giving errors but it's over 1GB. If you had a Wordpress database that size with that many posts the site would have crashed months ago.

All major wordpress sites have to use cache plugins and modifications to help reduce server load which is how the get around the huge server load problem.

The other point you made about the SEO isn't fully accurate either. Mr-R-T had a site HQ-Uploads.com which was WordPress and he had a similar search module coded that got him penalized.

well i would like to suggest to new peoples those who's wants to create website & haven't any experience regarding DLE ! so initially go with WordPress & learn how to customize themes, plugins what is the Function files or use YouTube tutorials & then finally after geting experince switch into DLE because its my Experince i started my first web via Wordpress Platform but on that time i was getting Huge traffic but with low responses from my visitors & didn't know why! & now i switched into DLE ! and i am satisfied with DLE because its so user friendly as compare with WordPress !

Diffrence B/W

DLE
1- Every Module need time while installing it manually
2- Need more then 100 articles for getting Visitors to your sites via Keywords
3- Server Performance is very fast
4- Site load time Owsum
5- separate management options
6- Edit or customize theme as you want

Wordpress

1- So user friendly but not cleared concepts
2- Every Module or Plugin quickly automatically Install without time waste
3- SEO system is power full as compare with DLE
4- Template editing system i am not satisfied
5- Huge Plugins will be got confused
6- Server performance not satisfied due to plugins

This is the complete opposite. Presuming both are in default setting Wordpress is a huge drain on servers compared to DLE. Wordpress has loads of plugins, features, settings etc which create a massive load on your server if the site get's a lot of traffic. DLE on the other had by having less hook points and other settings makes it far less a load on a server and faster for larger sites. You hear people complaining such as in this topic that the DLE site database is giving errors but it's over 1GB. If you had a Wordpress database that size with that many posts the site would have crashed months ago.

All major wordpress sites have to use cache plugins and modifications to help reduce server load which is how the get around the huge server load problem.
Thank you for clearing the point! I always saw problems occuring with server while using dle and not wp (from users here to))! Though never noticed that the DB Size is also small in WP! :facepalm:

well i would like to suggest to new peoples those who's wants to create website & haven't any experience regarding DLE ! so initially go with WordPress & learn how to customize themes, plugins what is the Function files or use YouTube tutorials & then finally after geting experince switch into DLE because its my Experince i started my first web via Wordpress Platform but on that time i was getting Huge traffic but with low responses from my visitors & didn't know why! & now i switched into DLE ! and i am satisfied with DLE because its so user friendly as compare with WordPress !
Added the link post to thread! However i still think that DLE is more powerful than WP in terms of SEO 8-)

I'm sure DLE is faster, but most people here don't have sites big enough to cripple Wordpress. Wordpress is the standard, has unlimited number of plugins and themes.

DLE free templates look like crap to be honest, most DLE sites have people who code and customize their own themes.

In short, if you know what your doing go DLE, if not Wordpress is more than enough. As said earlier a good sized site like HQ-Uploads.com ran on Wordpress like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back